Hello all!

eternalAmmonite

I've been telling myself I'll learn to crochet for years, but i only just got around to it yesterday. And I'm finding that I quite enjoy it! I'll admit, I take on big projects early on but I know I can do it!! I'm working currently on a 2000 square blanket of a pixelated character for my friend and a very lovely octopus for myself~

Thank you all for the warm welcome! And I actually just finished my Octopus I started yesterday! For my first project, I'm very proud of how well he came out! I'm a bit of a cephalopod nut so I altered it slightly to look more accurate. I added the two small chains to show the ridge above the eye and I refused to use eye buttons with circular pupils. So, I made my own buttons out of polymer clay and I'm quite happy with the finished project! I also must say, I think this was a great beginner project. The tentacles had nice continuous sets of slip stitches, singles, half doubles, doubles, and trebles so I got enough practice to memorize the stitches. All in all, a lot of fun and I'm so happy I picked up this craft! Knitting is nice and relaxing, but for a quick project crocheting is great!

post-67147-0-21553700-1366380772_thumb.jpg

Archived