Laura Budzinski

Bead Crochet Rope Jewelry

WOW--I'm jealous--I tried making these about a year ago...tried all sizes of threads, hooks, beads etc...no luck. I have 50 years experience with crochet and also jewerly making......just could not get the hang of it.

It took me a while to get the hang of it. These are the first time I tried using beads with crochet. I still end up having to pull some out occasionally because I did it weird and the beads aren't laying right. I'm going to try it with smaller beads and thread after I get some of my other projects done.

Really beautifully done!

Keep in mind that in using smaller beads you will need to go down in thread size as well- to size 20 or size 30 thread if you don't want the thread to show.

Did you use a pattern?

I think this is my next project,

I used the tutorial on this blog to learn how to make the bead rope and then I came up with my own bead designs. You prestring all of your beads in advance and the rope naturally spirals as you go so for the pink and black one I strung 5 blacks and 1 pink and just repeated that pattern. I read somewhere else, I cant remember where, that with size 6 seed beads every 6 inches of prestrung beads equals 1 inch of bead rope. That seemed pretty on point to me.

http://perlesauvage.blogspot.com/2008/01/bead-crochet-rope.html

Very pretty bracelets and nice job.

If you have not tried Delica beads you may want to give them a go. They sit so well together when beading because they are very evenly shaped. Here's a link for just one place that sells them. (I'm not affiliated with the store)

Edited by ReniC

Beautiful! They are very popular in Poland - but I try not to try this technique as I don't have time for another addiction... :lol

• Like 1