April Charity Bash: 4/18-4/23

busy-bee-lmt

Hi, everyone!  It's that time again.  We'll start on Thursday, 4-18, and end next Tuesday, 4-23.  This get-together is open to all who craft, be it crocheting, knitting, weaving, sewing or whatever.  Items can be for people or animals.  Anyone in need.  It sometimes feels that what I make for charity is drop in the bucket compaired to the amount of help needed.  But when we get together as a group it's astonishing how much we can do.  It's okay start a little early or run a little late, too.   It's okay to join whether you can be with us the whole time or only a few hours.  Every little bit helps.  And we love to see pictures of what you make.

At the end of the time I ask that you all list your individual totals in a size and/or color that makes them stand out.  I'll then go through and make a composite grand total and post it.

I will be focussing on prayer shawls I think, although other things may creep in, too. 

I got the dates wrong,  Darski.  I'm a little discombobulated todayIt's Thursday the 18th to Tuesday the 23rd.  I was looking at March instead of April for the dates.

Hi, everyone.  Are you ready for a fun six days of crocheting for charity?  I got a slight head start yesterday and started a green prayer shawl in Homespun yarn in Olive.  Only got a few rows done but it's started and the first couple of rows are the hardest.  Then the pattern is established and I really don't have to think about it much.

I've made up fresh lemonade, and both sweet and unsweet tea for your sipping pleasure as you craft.  Grab a glass and join in the fun.

Hello,

I know what I want to work on but don't know if I'll get to it today. After work I need to stop at Walmart and then I'm babysitting the grandkids and 2 friends, so I'll be a little busy. Hopefully I will get to work on my charity projects tomorrow.

I got a black and white prayer shawl started while I sat with the hubby in the ER. His blood pressure spiked twice today. after a bunch of blood work we found his thyroid meds need to be upped. we are home he is sleeping

I am so sorry you have to go thru this.  I'll keep praying :hug

Good morning, everyone.  It's steadily raining outside, so it's a good day to stay home and craft.  :2rain At prayer shawl group last night I was able to triple the length of the green prayer shawl and hope to do a lot more on it today.

I got a black and white prayer shawl started while I sat with the hubby in the ER. His blood pressure spiked twice today. after a bunch of blood work we found his thyroid meds need to be upped. we are home he is sleeping

I'm so sorry hubby had to go to the ER, but at least they figured out what was wrong and have hopefully fixed it with the change in his meds.  Sending prayers your way.  :hug

I'm going to grab a mug of hot tea now.

Good morning, everyone.  It's dropped in temperature to sweatshirt weather here, so I'll put out hot teas and coffees to share today.  Hope it's a good one for all of you.  :manyheart

:tea    :morcoffee    :coffee   :kettle  

Been so busy today. had a healing service at church then had a client to go check on then grocery shopping. got home put away groceries, wouldnt you know all the children disappeared before I got home. Got a load of laundry on the line and one in the wash. SHEW. time to rest

I made the mistake of getting Homespun ready for hats this month.  Every stitch has to be made twice as it fights at every move :sigh

I'm doing cotton now so I should make progress after all.

Archived