Stretchy Dishcloth

TeaTrekkie

I have made quite a few dishcloths as they work up fast and are very portable.  After trial and error, I have come up with a pattern that I like. It has adequate stretchiness, not too holey, and is thin enough to dry pretty fast.

Here my quick pattern: Chain about 28, then DC, SC all across each row, BUT put each stitch in the back loop only (or I guess the front loop only would work too). I then SC all around to finish it off nicely. The size depends on how big you like your squares. Mine are 8.5 inches.

This dishcloth below was made with less than one skein of Sugar 'n Cream, Psychedelic color.

post-57694-0-27471500-1365783193_thumb.jpg

post-57694-0-77851900-1365783211_thumb.jpg

post-57694-0-17920300-1365783251_thumb.jpg

Nice!  I love to have simple and quick patterns ready for car trips or when I need to get myself out of a crochet "funk".  This is perfect!  I love the color you used too.  I'm going to have to find some of that!  TYFS.

• 2 weeks later...

I have made quite a few dishcloths as they work up fast and are very portable.  After trial and error, I have come up with a pattern that I like. It has adequate stretchiness, not too holey, and is thin enough to dry pretty fast.

Here my quick pattern: Chain about 28, then DC, SC all across each row, BUT put each stitch in the back loop only (or I guess the front loop only would work too). I then SC all around to finish it off nicely. The size depends on how big you like your squares. Mine are 8.5 inches.

This dishcloth below was made with less than one skein of Sugar 'n Cream, Psychedelic color.

I have a question about your pattern here.  When you say DC, SC are you saying to DC across the row then SC across the next row, or is it alternating in the same row - DC, SC, DC, SC on the same row?

I really want to try this pattern but I want to make sure I have it right before I do.

Thanks for asking about the pattern.  I guess it wasn't all that clear; sorry about that.  Here's some additional info; please let me know if this helps:

What I did was to DC, SC all the way across on that first row, then do the same thing except use the opposite stitches on the next row.  That means you just make sure that each DC from the row before now has a SC going into it.  The same with the SC's from the row before; make sure a DC is now going into them.  Also, be sure that when you turn to start the next row, do either 2 chains if you are going to do a DC next or 1 chain if you are going to do a SC next.  

Be sure to use the Back Loop for each stitch as stated earlier.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived