An Accumulation of Squares

AngelRoseLite

Who knew I'd become such a fan of granny squares?  All by themselves they look pretty, but in groups, they're lethal!  There is so much you can do with them.  I made a Round Robin granny square bag some months ago, and I'm about to finish the lining on another one.  I'm hooked!  No pun intended, of course ;)  And what about the comforting afghans and fun jackets, et cetera, that you can make with granny squares?  The possibilities!  I'm late to the game.  Everyone already knew that granny squares are queens of the world.  I'm just catching up.  I hope you like the few that I have made recently.  I love granny squares!

post-44469-0-15349900-1365490350_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-37310400-1365490356_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-33136400-1365490381_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-76379800-1365490390_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-89319800-1365490398_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-67996800-1365490407_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-24370000-1365490418_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-66516500-1365490426_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-64630800-1365490433_thumb.jpg

I am late, too, as far as finding my love of granny squares!!  There are so many different designs that I am at a loss for which one I am going to do all the time!  They are soooo beautiful, and the ones you have done are awesome!!!  I have found that I can do a granny square so quickly, and if I do granny squares when making my afghans/blankets, it takes much less time than going row by row.  I am less likely to give up!!!!  Yeah to granny squares!

Thanks, everyone :)

Those are beautiful. I find granny squares to very addictive too.

Don't forget to consider the possibility of joining all different sizes. It adds even more pizzaz.

I know!  I love what I've seen.

I am late, too, as far as finding my love of granny squares!!  There are so many different designs that I am at a loss for which one I am going to do all the time!  They are soooo beautiful, and the ones you have done are awesome!!!  I have found that I can do a granny square so quickly, and if I do granny squares when making my afghans/blankets, it takes much less time than going row by row.  I am less likely to give up!!!!  Yeah to granny squares!

Now it's a matter of learning to join as you go because the joining still daunts me.  :lol

How fun!!

A fun easy project, yours are wonderful.

• 1 month later...

Oh wow, beautiful squares! Aren't they fun to make? There are so many great patterns for squares of all shapes and sizes, too.

I wish I had the same excitement when it comes to putting them together, tho! I've found the "join as you go" a bit less daunting.

wow, how would I have missed this thread!! Lovely squares Maria!!!!

I really like the new look on the 'ville, but it makes it easier to miss the new posts, doesn't it?  I have to remind myself to click on each category to see what I've missed.  Thanks :)

Oh wow, beautiful squares! Aren't they fun to make? There are so many great patterns for squares of all shapes and sizes, too.

I wish I had the same excitement when it comes to putting them together, tho! I've found the "join as you go" a bit less daunting.

Thanks, mattenylou :hug  I have been gathering another bunch :lol  I have yet to play with the fancy joining methods I've seen.  The join-as-you-go method is probably my next one.

Thanks, mattenylou :hug  I have been gathering another bunch :lol  I have yet to play with the fancy joining methods I've seen.  The join-as-you-go method is probably my next one.

I found this neat idea to add 2 extra rows of box stitch to granny squares yesterday, then use continuous join. The afghan only uses 48 granny squares - scroll down to the "48 squares" section. I like how this box stitch finishes off the grannies, making them just a bit different, and finishes the afghan off nicely.

She's got some lovely patterns at this site, poke around a bit, all are very nice.

I found this neat idea to add 2 extra rows of box stitch to granny squares yesterday, then use continuous join. The afghan only uses 48 granny squares - scroll down to the "48 squares" section. I like how this box stitch finishes off the grannies, making them just a bit different, and finishes the afghan off nicely.

She's got some lovely patterns at this site, poke around a bit, all are very nice.

Wow!  I'm in love!  Thank you so much for the link.  I am going to give the 48 squares join a try.  TY, TY, TY!!!

alas I haven't figure out how to join them and have it look the way I want either.  Since I want to make so many different designs and colors, I would hate to start putting them together now, though, and then find something else I want to put beside the ones I just did and now I can't!!

alas I haven't figure out how to join them and have it look the way I want either.  Since I want to make so many different designs and colors, I would hate to start putting them together now, though, and then find something else I want to put beside the ones I just did and now I can't!!

I'm going to try the method linked above.  It makes the afghan bigger.  I'll post a pic, and if you like it, you can try it too :)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived