Eye Dazzler Afghan #2

Mom w/a Motif

I finished this today. I was on the last round, and ran out of yarn (story of my life, Lol). I got some more today, and finished it. It's a pattern from Annie's Scrap Crochet Club, I think. They sent me new patterns every month, and a big filing folder to store them in. Anyway, this is the second one I've done.   I have a third one going too. It's turning into my couch project, while I'm watching tv. I like doing afghans, because when they get big enough you can cover up with them while you're working on them. :D

post-20-0-25045400-1364967109_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-38652000-1364967260_thumb.jpg

I love it and you have inspired me to make one.  RoseRed  I googled eye dazzler afghan and bought the pattern just now on eBay.   I see by google etsy has one for sale and maybe some other places.  I ended up paying $6.99 for it.  

Your pattern and color choice are quite pretty. Lovely job also.

I too like cuddling with afghans while making them........until summer and the grueling desert temps hit! LOL

RoseRed the pattern is called the Eye Dazzler Afghan. At first glance it looks like a big granny square, but it isn't. It's dc's and chains. I vaguely remember another afghan I can't remember if that was a free pattern or not... I'll have to look for it. :)  ETA: There was an afghan very similar looking to this called the Extended Granny Square afghan but I can't find it as a free pattern anywhere. 

oooohhhhh!!!!!  I like it!

Does the pattern have a name?  What stitch did you use?

I don't know. You could go onto Annie's Attic site and see. I stopped getting their shipments, because it was just one more bill.. :P The eye dazzler afghan was about the only thing I liked in all the patterns I got. They sent a variety. Slippers, hotpads, scarves...

Does the "Scrap Crochet Club" still exist? 

The afghan is gorgeous!  What other types of patterns did the club send?

Archived