Calling All Fellow Crochet Lovers From Atlanta!!!

PDC

:yay Greetings!! I am trying to round up some fellow crochet buddies:hug to start our own Chapter/Guild for Crochet. I have recently sent in an application for the CGOA and hope to possibly start my own Chapter in the ATL. However...to add to the continous string of "Stitch 'N Bitch" groups, I would like to incorporate one for crochet since I think there is one for Knitting already off N. Shallowford Road in Alpharetta ( I will research this). I am thinking of places and other ideas for the group. If any one is interested, drop me a line or two or how ever many you need and let me know. I would also like to know your ideas as well should you have any suggestions to give. Hope to hear from you soon. PM me, email me or just reply to this thread. Thanks in advance you beautiful people!!!

:D:hook;)

I'm all for a crochet group meeting :)

I live in Midtown. Haven't been to the Douglasville Meeting.

One day I plan to go to a Stitch-n-Bitch meeting at Jake's, Apres Diem or Octane. I'll let you know how that goes if that day ever comes. LOL.

Let me know if you need any help!

Empress, I probably won't get to go until December. I love the fact that it's set up in a coffee house! :manyheart

Nevermind, I just found it. LOL

Hmm it is evening. Have to think about that because we don't have tivo and there's one show I watch. :lol

Oh anyone else from the board go?

Do you know perhaps when they meet? I find that most of them meet like during the week which can be kind of hard for people who work late and then have to battle traffic and just wants a moment to really settle down. You know how Atlanta Traffic is, C-R-A-Z-Y!!!!

There is a group in the Douglasville area called "Needle Nerds" that meets once a month. I've not had the chance to attend yet.

I only know of one designated crochet group and that one is out in Peachtree City, which is just too far for anyone. The other groups I have found out about is for Knitting, with Stitch 'N Bitch being the main one that I know about. They take crocheters but you know, it's mostly people who knit. The other groups, thanks to Mrs. RaceRose, let me know are in Octane & Apres Diem, Georgia. So...I am looking that one up and I just signed up for that group on Yahoo.

:blush

I'm near Douglasville. Do you know when and where they meet? Not saying I can do it, especially if it's evenings. But I'd like to know just in case.

I sure will. I just signed up with the Stitch 'N Bitch group on yesterday and I will see about getting to one of those meetings on Sunday, since that is the only day I will be able to do it with school and all.

I'm all for a crochet group meeting :)

I live in Midtown. Haven't been to the Douglasville Meeting.

One day I plan to go to a Stitch-n-Bitch meeting at Jake's, Apres Diem or Octane. I'll let you know how that goes if that day ever comes. LOL.

Let me know if you need any help!

Do you know perhaps when they meet?

Monday night at 7:00.

Sorry PDC, I should have been more clear; I was talking to Faithdotcalm abou the Needle Nerds. lol

Faithdot, maybe we can do a meet up there. That'd be cool. I love the coffee shop idea. :)

Of course anyone else is welcome to meet up, it it works out. ;)

Do you know perhaps when they meet? I find that most of them meet like during the week which can be kind of hard for people who work late and then have to battle traffic and just wants a moment to really settle down. You know how Atlanta Traffic is, C-R-A-Z-Y!!!!

The group meets on the first Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m. I think you can google "needle nerds" and find her webpage (I just got a new 'puter and all my links haven't been transferred yet, or I'd post it for you).

I would love to find a group that meets in the afternoon on a Saturday or Sunday, because weeknights are tough for me because of the kids.

Stitch-n-Bitch Atlanta, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stitchnbitch-atlanta/, meets almost every day of the week:

Sundays:

1-3pm on 10/9/2005 and every other sunday in Midtown at Apres Diem, http://www.apresdiem.com/directions.html (931 Monroe Dr NE, Atlanta, GA 30308)

Mondays:

7-9pm on 10/10/2005 and every 2nd and 4th Monday in East Atlanta at Joe's Coffee in East Atlanta Village (510 Flat Shoals Ave Se, Atlanta, GA 30316)

7-9pm on 10/17/2005 and every other monday at OCTANE on the westside (1009-B Marietta Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30318)

Tuesdays:

5-8pm every Tuesday in Decatur at Jake's Ice Cream on Church Street (129 Church St., Decatur, GA 30303)

Wednesdays:

7-9pm every Wednesday in Gwinnett at Jatema Coffee & Tea Co (3059 Lawrenceville Hwy, Lawrenceville, GA 30044-6426)

Thursdays:

7-9pm every thursday in Dunwoody at Chocolate' Coffee off Shallowford Rd. (2558 Shallowford Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30345)

I will go to one of the Sunday afternoon meetings. I think I might do that this weekend and check it out. Thanks for providing the links. I signed up for this group last week.

Stitch-n-Bitch Atlanta, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stitchnbitch-atlanta/, meets almost every day of the week:

Sundays:

1-3pm on 10/9/2005 and every other sunday in Midtown at Apres Diem, http://www.apresdiem.com/directions.html (931 Monroe Dr NE, Atlanta, GA 30308)

Mondays:

7-9pm on 10/10/2005 and every 2nd and 4th Monday in East Atlanta at Joe's Coffee in East Atlanta Village (510 Flat Shoals Ave Se, Atlanta, GA 30316)

7-9pm on 10/17/2005 and every other monday at OCTANE on the westside (1009-B Marietta Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30318)

Tuesdays:

5-8pm every Tuesday in Decatur at Jake's Ice Cream on Church Street (129 Church St., Decatur, GA 30303)

Wednesdays:

7-9pm every Wednesday in Gwinnett at Jatema Coffee & Tea Co (3059 Lawrenceville Hwy, Lawrenceville, GA 30044-6426)

Thursdays:

7-9pm every thursday in Dunwoody at Chocolate' Coffee off Shallowford Rd. (2558 Shallowford Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30345)

I had read about the great yarn deals at A.C. Moore; so I checked out their website. The closest stores are in Columbus, GA, Chattanooga, TN and Birmingham, AL. So I sent them an email begging for a store in Atlanta. Thought you'd think this was kinda funny....

"DeAnna M. Alexander" <deannaa@ACMoore.com> wrote:

Subject: RE: Contact Us

Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 10:56:58 -0400

To: <racerose@yahoo.com>

Thank you for your interest in A.C. Moore. We have forwarded a copy of

your request to our Real Estate Department for their future

consideration. A.C. Moore is looking at various locations but, at the

present time, we have not determined exact locations for potential

stores. We hope we will have the opportunity to serve you in the

future. Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us.

DeAnna Alexander

Customer Service

856-768-4930, ext. 356

856-753-9569 - Fax

-----Original Message-----

[mailto:racerose@yahoo.com]

Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 1:59 PM

To: DeAnna M. Alexander

Subject: Contact Us

First Name: Tracey

Last Name: Rose

Email:

Comments: Please, please please open a store in the Atlanta, GA area.

We have lots of crafters in need of another craft store... especially

inside the 285 perimeter where there's only a Michaels. Thanks!

Archived