What does, "Thread over, insert hook where last loop was drawn through and pull loop through" mean?

Shay Amburn

Question

Thread over, insert hook where last loop was drawn through and pull loop through....I understand what thread over means (I'm assuming it's the same as yarn over) and I understand pull loop through, but I don't get what "insert hook where last loop was drawn through" means. Detailed help would be great! If anyone needs the stitch I did before this one to help tell me how to find the "last loop", I'll give you that info.

I've attached a picture of what I'm trying to make. I'm on the outside stitches that look like small popcorn stitches (which I've never crocheted). I can't figure that stitch out. Here's the entire stitch pattern:

Ch 3, thread over, insert hook in next sc and pull loop through,  (thread over, insert hook in same sc and pull loop through) twice; thread over, skip 1 sc, insert hook in next sc and pull loop through, thread over and pull through all loops on hook, ch 1 to fasten (a loop cluster). * 
(Thread over, insert hook where last loop was drawn through and pull loop through) 3 times; thread over, skip 1 sc, insert hook in next sc and complete loop cluster. Repeat from * around. Join with sl st to top st of 1st ch made.

Thank you!

post-66950-0-16067600-1364769311_thumb.jpg

1 answer to this question

If I'm reading it correctly, what it's telling you to do is to go into the SC where you pulled up the last loop from the previous stitch. So you are re-using the last sc from previous stitch as the first sc for next stitch. 

Archived