Comfortghan for Pat54 Delivered Ville Friend

Tampa Doll

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice pink/white squares, Janet!

Hope that the scan cleared out any and all unwanted 'visitors' on your laptop, Mary Jo! I got a good chuckle reading how using the desktop computer was like being on a manual Remington typewriter! We really have come a long way since those days!!! It brought back memories of my HS graduation gift- a Smith Corona electric typewriter in my favorite color- blue! :lol

Thank you all.

Joann, I was not sure how many would remember them.  Senior year was when we got electric typewriters and near the end of the year, they were moving in punch card machines to teach about computers. :rofl 

Don't worry about it Kathy, I will make them fit.  This is turning out to be a beautiful and happy afghan.

I just had to jump in here after reading about typewriters to share a memory of typing class.

I was in high school in the mandatory typing class. The teacher was a large woman and was very cheerful. After the very first week of learning the keyboard she gleefully stood in front of the class and spoke these words--"Now that you all know the keyboard, you can type the little word that means so much....SEX". Mind you this was years ago when things were not as open as they are these days. Always thought she was a bit strange. In today's world, she probably would've been fired.

Joann, I was not sure how many would remember them.  Senior year was when we got electric typewriters and near the end of the year, they were moving in punch card machines to teach about computers. :rofl 

Two more suares made their way into my mailbox this afternoon.  They are so pretty, and a great addition to the ghan.

Thank you pineknott, I love your tags by the way.

We are moving right along.

post-105-0-18025300-1364404726_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-94124600-1364404733_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-56417600-1364404749_thumb.jpg

Two more suares made their way into my mailbox this afternoon.  They are so pretty, and a great addition to the ghan.

Thank you pineknott, I love your tags by the way.

We are moving right along.

Pretty!

I am driving the mailman crazy.  He says I am either buying a lot of small things or I am smuggling something into the state of Florida.

I just smile and take my packages.  I did tell him I was making an afghan for a friend and his question was, "Don't we have yarn here?"

So I have opened the next package and got 3 beautiful squares from craftylady1956.

Thank you so much.  Soon I will be laying them out to see how to arrange them.

Her are the 3 newest squares:

post-105-0-15479000-1364496985_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-57215900-1364496992_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-77484300-1364497007_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-03583400-1364497014_thumb.jpg

I have a tag punch

the "cardstock" is found in the paint section of Walmart's,hey freebies and it works,lol

Oh another gadget for me to buy!!!!   LOL

Card stock - are those the cards that tell you what color the paint is?

Oh another gadget for me to buy!!!!   LOL

Card stock - are those the cards that tell you what color the paint is?

yes Janet,thats exactly what I use,I got that idea from Rene'

some of those paint color cardboards have some very colorful scenes (sp?)

Oh, beautiful additions! Great job, everybody!

I've not been sleeping well this week and so haven't gotten much crocheting done over the last few days. I'm hoping I'll be able to finish up my square tomorrow, then block and mail it out. So if I'm lucky I'll get it out on Saturday, if not, Monday. Or Tuesday? Are the post offices open Monday?

Mary Jo, your mailman is funny!

Not to late, with all I have been promised, which includes both kittyloverdeb  and Kidge, we should have enough for a beautiful afghan.

So anyone who has promised and not mailed yet, I still need those. 

Next week I hope to be laying it out to see where to put the squares, which is not going to be easy, whit all the pretty ones I have gotten and will get.

Let me thank you all for your help.

The mailman left me a nice package stuffed in my mailbox. 

Katyallen8090 thank you so much for the beautiful squares.  I am dying to try to put this thing together, because it is going to be facinating to see the colors and patterns blend.

Here are the squares.

post-105-0-63814300-1364581638_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-58672700-1364581647_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-08311300-1364581656_thumb.jpg

Archived