Galaxy Afghan (finished)

prettywoman030981

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your afghan is exquisite and truly deserved First Place!!!!  I sometimes (no!--very often) think that the judges aren't knitters, crocheters or crafters, judging by what prizes they award!  They don't seem to understand patterns and the very obvious time and care spent on the items they're judging!  Your afghan obviously is FIRST PLACE in our minds!

Your afghan is a work of art in my book with all the work and time to make this beautiful afghan. To me the more complicated and interesting the pattern always catches my eye I think the people at the fair should given you first place. Thank you for sharing your beautiful afghan.

You must be bursting with pride over this one, I know that I would be if it were mine!  What a spectacular job you did on this!  Truly a work of art!  Best of luck to you in your competition!  Personally, I don't see how you can not win!!  

You must be bursting with pride over this one, I know that I would be if it were mine!  What a spectacular job you did on this!  Truly a work of art!  Best of luck to you in your competition!  Personally, I don't see how you can not win!!  

Thanks. I ended up second. (Expressed my disappointment in post #52)

Went and picked up my blanket. Apparently my blanket was a "very nice 'attempt' for a beginner crocheter and I need to keep an eye on my tension because a too tight tension on circles will cause 'bulging' of the circles". In other words, someone didn't smooth the blanket out and I was judged because they didn't have it laying flat. I made sure that the circles were flat when I crocheted them and when I attached them.

• 1 year later...

I started this one a while back for my daughter...her friend decided she wanted one as well....solo of course I have bitten off waaay to much....I did crochet over the ends as I went so not so much weaving in....now I'm done with the circle pieces and on to putting them together....and I'm starting to get frustrated....what was the easiest way you found to piece it together?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived