Galaxy Afghan (finished)

prettywoman030981

This is my version of the galaxy afghan. I tracked down the book this pattern was in, changed the colors to black and rainbow (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple), added some extra circles to accommodate the extra colors, and will be adjusting the width of the striped sides.

(Found the afghan on ravelry here: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/galaxy-afghan-2 and bought the book the pattern is in off of amazon)

Here is the picture of the afghan from ravelry:

post-55092-0-85216400-1363924240_thumb.jpg

And here is all the crocheting of the circles done (there are 72 pieces!!). I still have to weave in ALL the ends, and then assemble the circle sections before I can crochet the stripe sides, but it is about halfway done!!!

post-55092-0-20029100-1363924343_thumb.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Making some slow progress. I didn't get to work on it this weekend because I had to take my kids school shopping and it was a 2 day ordeal and very tiring! I finished tacking the orange down and have started on the yellow. Once I get all the partial circles tacked down and connected, I'll be able to crochet them together to give a better, finished look to the blanket. Then I get to crochet the striped sides and connect them!! I'm ready to get this done!!!

post-55092-0-14281500-1375750296_thumb.jpg

Archived