mva5493

octagon and squares throw

Just finished this this week......I wasn't going to do it, didn't like the pic with the patter (it's a red heart free pattern).  I But I was inspired by others, so I had to give it a shot.  I used a "g" hook and 2 1/2 skeins Caron Simply Soft (white),  about 20 oz big lots mystery yarn that I strongly suspect is Bernat satin sport (aqua), 17 1/2 oz bl mystery I strongly suspect is bernat satin sport (jade),  4 oz blue/green/white multi big lots yarn I have no idea on this one.  I usually don't like to do pieces but got sucked into this one and love the way the finished piece worked up.  So here is my afghan that I am calling tranquility,   thanks for looking :)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tc_QPa_9jzE/UUr-Pne8yHI/AAAAAAAAAPE/Y3BtXQkIAAI/s1600/HPIM2946.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fUfgMlwJedE/UUr-ZDP9u2I/AAAAAAAAAPc/IsuJz22fVN4/s1600/HPIM2949.JPG

• Like 3

Wow!  That turned out gorgeous!  You did a beautiful job!

• Like 1

Love this! 

Don't you just love the mystery yarn at Big Lots!

• Like 1

Love this! 

Don't you just love the mystery yarn at Big Lots!

I do!  I especially love it when I can id it and know I got a great bargain!  

Great job -- love the colors. I've never seen the Mystery Yarn at Big Lots here, and glad for the tip -- will look for it.

• Like 1

Great job -- love the colors. I've never seen the Mystery Yarn at Big Lots here, and glad for the tip -- will look for it.

thank you..  They put a gala mix fiber label on it (it sells for $1.00)  but what is on the label doesn't always match the label.  This yarn I found in my local big lots around thanksgiving.  I was in my lys last week and found the same yarn.  I spent $10.00 on the yarn at big lots (10 skeins at $1 each), the yarn at the lys was $8.33 for 1.    Inf this case they were about the same weight, but sometimes the bl yarn is smaller.

post-7445-0-05422100-1363884893_thumb.jpg

Edited by mva5493

Your afghan is beautiful love the colors and pattern you used.

• Like 1

This throw is really beautiful!

• Like 1

Very nice--pretty colors! I agree about doing pieces, but this was certainly worth the trouble of joining.

• Like 1

Beautiful afghan!

• Like 1

Fantastic job and wonderful name

• Like 1