Pittsburgh Knit & Crochet Festival 2013

shuttlebuggy

I am new to this area and as luck would have it - the Festival this year was held in MY TOWN at a local hotel convention center!!!

It was amazing and huge!

There was anything and everything there to do with the world of fiber, design and designers, knitting and crochet alike.

The classes were prolific and taking place everywhere there was a classroom or space! And the topic & instructional matter was varied and so interesting!

The marketplace was enormous and had everything from spinning wheels, to the newest in tools, hand-dyed's, patterns and books, fibers and yarns, bags and hand-turned pottery yarn bowls of every shape and kind!

PLUS! the big surprise announcement that came over the PA system on the first night of the Festival is that it IS CONFIRMED that the famous author as well as knitter/crocheter DEBBIE MACOMBER WILL BE featured at the next Festival in March 2014!!!!

So exciting! :yay 

It really WAS Peggy!

They also had an ALL NIGHT knit-in with a published well known designer (his name escapes me just now) but it was fun I am sure - jammies, slippers and knitting/crocheting all night long with music, food and fellow fiber people in the hotel's huge atrium indoor courtyard.

I didn't do this portion this time around as we had St Patty's day plans -  but it sure sounded like fun!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived