Half-finger or Fingerless Gloves - Looks like garter stitch

pamdaley

This half-finger gloves pattern can be made with or without the separate fingers. The body is made with a modified half-double crochet stitch – it looks a lot like the knit garter stitch. It’s a firm, textured stitch but still has some stretch to it.

While not overly difficult, the modified half-double crochet may take a bit to become comfortable to work. I recommend taking the time to stitch a gauge swatch both to check your tension against what is listed in the pattern as well as to practice the stitch. Once you develop a rhythm to creating this stitch, your gloves will be completed quickly!

In addition to the modified half-double crochet, this pattern uses the foundation double-crochet stitch. Instructions on how to do this are in the pattern as well as a link to a video tutorial. Other stitches used are slip stitches, single crochet and post double crochet stitches with minimal shaping. My pattern testers reported it took 3-5 hours per glove (with the half-fingers).

Don't be afraid to try this pattern; recent feedback from a customer:

Awesome pattern, easy to follow. And that's saying a lot since I hardly know how to crochet! Very cute!

Pattern available for immediate download at:

My Etsy Shop

My Craftsy Pattern Store

On Ravelry

post-22613-0-57668200-1363476588_thumb.jpg

Archived