DesertCrocheter

Scavenger Hunt Swap: The WINNERS!

149 posts in this topic

Hows the scavenging going everyone? :)

Going good here. Steadly getting tambobs items. Am having so much fun. Love the colors I used for her crocheted item. Hope you do Tammy. Hope everyones having as much fun as I am.

1 person likes this

Wow, that sounds super fun! Can I ditch work and come along? LA is only 8 hours away...

You are most definitely welcome to come! According to them, it's covering over 2,000 square miles. Wow! It ends on Saturday. There's even a unique yarn mobile. Edited by AngelRoseLite

As for me, it's not -- yet :lol

I'm officially starting it tomorrow, the first day of the 2nd ever Yarn Crawl L.A.  I hope I find lots of goodies for my package.  Then on Saturday I'm going with my crafting group via train from Fullerton to San Juan Capistrano.  It's my first time visiting, and the swallows are even going to be there to welcome us!  We'll visit a craft fair too.  All in all, starting tomorrow, there will be lots of opportunities to tackle the hunt from Bellflower to San Juan Capistrano.  Whoo-hoo!  I'd be happy with just the train ride :D

Wow! Hope you have a fantastic time. Sounds amazing!

I'm not too well with my stuff. Got a couple of things turning up soon. Crocheted a couple of things and now waiting for something else to arrive to make. :)

Hi Everyone!

I only have two more items left on my list & my hunt will be ready to ship to my partner!  One of them is the crocheted item, and it has just been so busy this weekend (and will continue to be so this week!).  But, I will get it done!  :yes

I went to El Paso this past weekend, to visit with my youngest daughter who has decided to get married!  They are both in the army and have decided to go to the Justice of the Peace.  My husband is eternally grateful for this, since we just hosted a wedding for one of her sisters last September!  I helped her find a pretty dress for the occasion, and I am going to crochet the Viceroy Butterfly Shawl for her, too. 

I need some help though....she asked me if I would make her a small scarf type item, for binding their hands together (I'm sorry, I don't remember what she called it).  Think of the wedding in "Braveheart".  Can anyone recommend a patten for this?  I was thinking of using thread crochet, but I am open to ideas.  I won't have to be very big...I could scale down a patten for a scarf. 

Just an FYI, I am making the butterfly shawl "and" I have ordered her an origami flower bouquet using butterflies in the bouqut. 

Thank you!

And my package is off to USPS, then in Kidge's hands in the next couple of days. I'm still not sure how I managed to stuff everything into the box. :D

I had a blast with this swap and getting to know new people.

Thank you ladies! :ghug

Bleh--well I've gotten off to a slow start. Got caught up in Spring cleaning these last couple of weeks. Yard work and house work and carpet cleaning. Oh my! But I do have one thing off my list--a pinecone! Found it while I was mulching the yard. Whoo hoo!  :clap

Anyhoo, now that all that cleaning stuff is out of the way, I can *finally* get focused on this swap!

Hi y'all

Was doing good woth swap then life happened. My dad is home now. After being on the road driving a truck for 2 weeks. And im just now getting over a stomach virus thats still going through my family. Hope next week I can get back to Scaveging.

Have a nice night all

Krazy

Sorry have been awol for a bit, have got a few things together for the swap, but a bit puzzeled what something plaid would be, or is it just me having a blonde day?  Also here in the UK we dont really tend to have names for the colours of our yarn, well I havn't found any anyway, can I just buy some nice yarn and name it myself or would that be cheating a little?

Deramores has plenty of yarn with names on and plaid is tartan.

:manyheart

OMGoodness have I been spoiled.  I have to say opening this package was so much fun!!! I chuckled a couple times and was in awe of her scavenging skills ;)   Thank you so much Tammy for a fabulous swap package!!

I got

1. A Post card from AZ

2. A tall pink cup with a flamingo on it  :lol  I love it !!

3. A plaid cotton cloth

4. A ball of Peach and a ball of banana yarn

5. A package of watermelon paper umbrella (they are going to look fabulous in my flamingo cup!!) 

6. A package of diet Snapple (Raspberry Tea!!) love it 

7. A solar dancing lady bug (something that definitely screams Spring : ) :yes  :c9

8. A recipe for Mandarin Orange Salad

9. An adorable crocheted Chick (pretty sure he is getting a magnet so he can be displayed on my frig)

Extras@

A Pinecone

A large Paper Clip

A Pink Swimmer's Cap

2 Golf Tees

a piece of Yellow Paper (this got me I was like wow so nice of her to tuck the postcard and recipe in there  then I was like DUH  yellow construction paper  too funny :yay )

Raspberry Lip Balm

A Soap Cozy

A Water Bottle/Cup Cozy

A little Garden Gnome

A 1974 Women's Day magazine with 30 Crochet/Knit Patterns  (this also had a fab cookbook pull out with lots of low cal snack ideas several that I plan to try!!)

2 Skeins of Yarn Brown and Earth

2 Dish Clothes

A package of Flower Seeds

A Spring Note Pad!

Laffy Taffy

Swedish Fish

Whether's Original (Caramel Apple) 

Thank you so much Tammy for making this a wonderful swap and really being so creative!!   :ghug  :hug

post-7666-0-29038300-1366677547_thumb.jpg

post-7666-0-87501600-1366677560_thumb.jpg

post-7666-0-49672800-1366677601_thumb.jpg

post-7666-0-01478300-1366677611_thumb.jpg

Edited by kidge
2 people like this

I've just been all over Etsy and eBay looking for goodies for my partner, and now I'm pretty excited! It really does feel like a scavenger hunt! Now to order everything so it'll arrive in time for me to ship it out. :)

I'm so glad you like your package Kidge. I had a great time collecting everything.

Have a great evening!

You did great Tambob. Hope I can do as good for you. Im trying. Got some of your stuff. Still looking for others.

1 person likes this

:manyheart

OMGoodness have I been spoiled.  I have to say opening this package was so much fun!!! I chuckled a couple times and was in awe of her scavenging skills ;)   Thank you so much Tammy for a fabulous swap package!!

I got

1. A Post card from AZ

2. A tall pink cup with a flamingo on it  :lol  I love it !!

3. A plaid cotton cloth

4. A ball of Peach and a ball of banana yarn

5. A package of watermelon paper umbrella (they are going to look fabulous in my flamingo cup!!) 

6. A package of diet Snapple (Raspberry Tea!!) love it 

7. A solar dancing lady bug (something that definitely screams Spring : ) :yes  :c9

8. A recipe for Mandarin Orange Salad

9. An adorable crocheted Chick (pretty sure he is getting a magnet so he can be displayed on my frig)

Extras@

A Pinecone

A large Paper Clip

A Pink Swimmer's Cap

2 Golf Tees

a piece of Yellow Paper (this got me I was like wow so nice of her to tuck the postcard and recipe in there  then I was like DUH  yellow construction paper  too funny :yay )

Raspberry Lip Balm

A Soap Cozy

A Water Bottle/Cup Cozy

A little Garden Gnome

A 1974 Women's Day magazine with 30 Crochet/Knit Patterns  (this also had a fab cookbook pull out with lots of low cal snack ideas several that I plan to try!!)

2 Skeins of Yarn Brown and Earth

2 Dish Clothes

A package of Flower Seeds

A Spring Note Pad!

Laffy Taffy

Swedish Fish

Whether's Original (Caramel Apple) 

Thank you so much Tammy for making this a wonderful swap and really being so creative!!   :ghug  :hug

Great package!

1 person likes this

I've accumulated a nice little stash for my partner.  My flamingo find does not compare to the flamingo cup.  I'm so jealous!  I hope I find something fabulous too :)

Oh my gosh, what a great package!  And a garden gnome! :lol

I can see that I am going to have to get a bunch of surprises, or hold a raffle or something, because it looks as if you gals took the hunt seriously. I love that!

Meanwhile, I have been swamped by the Cursed Project, but my class had its last lecture last night, so just finals to get through and at least half my craziness will be over.

1 person likes this

You did great Tambob. Hope I can do as good for you. Im trying. Got some of your stuff. Still looking for others.

I'm sure I will love it!

1 person likes this

Hey just wondering where are y'all getting your stuff from? I'm having a little trouble with a few items (flamago, plaid, umbrellas). Have an idea of what I want to do for spring item, just have to go get the struff. Got a few things today. None of the above items though. Our car is messing up, so not sure when I'll get to go get the rest of the stuff. Any ideas on where to get things would be helpful. If that's not cheating!

Hi Krazy,

I made the plaid item - a dishcloth

umbrellas/flamingo -  Joann's Crafts

Hope this helps. :)

Hey just wondering where are y'all getting your stuff from? I'm having a little trouble with a few items (flamago, plaid, umbrellas). Have an idea of what I want to do for spring item, just have to go get the struff. Got a few things today. None of the above items though. Our car is messing up, so not sure when I'll get to go get the rest of the stuff. Any ideas on where to get things would be helpful. If that's not cheating!

1 person likes this

I got all my hard-to-find stuff on eBay and Etsy. *And* it's all here now! I just have one thing that I was going to make, and then my partner's package will be in the mail. :)

1 person likes this

Hi Krazy,

I made the plaid item - a dishcloth

umbrellas/flamingo - Joann's Crafts

Hope this helps. :)

Thinks for the tip. Wish Joann's wasnt so far. At least an hour away if not longer. I'll just keep looking. Thanks, may use a dishcloth also. Not sure though. Edited by krazycrocheter

Just came from shipping my package to Ankh!  I hope she likes it!

Oh shoot!  I got home from shipping Ankh's package & realized I left something out!  :oops It was what "represented spring" to me!  Okay.....I will stick it in the mail tomorrow!  Problem solved! 

1 person likes this

Oh shoot!  I got home from shipping Ankh's package & realized I left something out!  :oops It was what "represented spring" to me!  Okay.....I will stick it in the mail tomorrow!  Problem solved! 

That's ok we all make mistakes. If your anything like me you do it more often than not. I'm not krazycrocheter for nothing.

1 person likes this