DesertCrocheter

Scavenger Hunt Swap: The WINNERS!

149 posts in this topic

krazy-kitty's package is in the mail! :cheer

I hope you like it. :)

My turn--my package came in today!

post-12013-0-71739000-1368215577_thumb.jpg post-12013-0-17332000-1368215592_thumb.jpg

AngelRoseLite sent me:

- a postcard from California

- flamingo drink stirrers - can I tell you how awesome these are? They'll be perfect for our 50s-themed barbecue this summer!

- an I :heart Mom notebook with a plaid cover (just in time for Mother's Day!)

- two skeins of yarn in Wheat and Berry (love that shade of purple!)

- paper umbrellas and Yoo-hoo singles to go (where did you find that? I love Yoo-hoo but haven't had it in at least 10 years!)

- 2 things for Spring: a picnic blanket and a glass rose (my favorite flower!)

- a recipe for ham & potato soup

- a crocheted chick applique

And extras:

- pretty paper clips with ribbons attached

- a bathing cap

- lip balm

- a crochet dishcloth kit with 3 skeins of yarn and patterns

- a super cute crocheted owl for my daughter

Thanks so much, AngelRoseLite! My daughter loves the owl. Very cuddle-able and cozy. I think that should count as a cozy. ;)

1 person likes this

My turn--my package came in today!

attachicon.gifDSC_1327.JPG attachicon.gifDSC_1328.JPG

AngelRoseLite sent me:

- a postcard from California

- flamingo drink stirrers - can I tell you how awesome these are? They'll be perfect for our 50s-themed barbecue this summer!

- an I :heart Mom notebook with a plaid cover (just in time for Mother's Day!)

- two skeins of yarn in Wheat and Berry (love that shade of purple!)

- paper umbrellas and Yoo-hoo singles to go (where did you find that? I love Yoo-hoo but haven't had it in at least 10 years!)

- 2 things for Spring: a picnic blanket and a glass rose (my favorite flower!)

- a recipe for ham & potato soup

- a crocheted chick applique

And extras:

- pretty paper clips with ribbons attached

- a bathing cap

- lip balm

- a crochet dishcloth kit with 3 skeins of yarn and patterns

- a super cute crocheted owl for my daughter

Thanks so much, AngelRoseLite! My daughter loves the owl. Very cuddle-able and cozy. I think that should count as a cozy. ;)

It was a real pleasure swapping with you.  I accidentally found a drink you like ;)  That's a good idea about the owl being a cozy :lol

Happy Mother's Day!

Yay!  I got my package today!!!  :yay   I love it!  Let me share what I got:  "two" flamingo drink stirrers, "two" paper umbrellas, a package of Crystal Lite Peach Tea (my favorite!),and a margarita glass that I can freeze to keep my drinks cold!  I also got an entire recipe book, a lovely handmade card made from the "yellow construction paper & trimmed in plaid with butterflies on it!  A big surprise was when I "opened" the card and a butterfly flew out of it!  My husband couldn't stop laughing at me!  I also got four of the little crochet bunnies & a crochet chick too!  Add in the ball of lemon & sweet pea yarn, and I'm just as happy as I can be. :yes

Now, add in an additional skein of chocolate yarn, plus a package of dark chocolate covered coconut & a package of Peanut M&M's.

Plus, there is:  a pine cone, a paper clip, a garden gnome, a bathing cap, a lip balm with a crocheted cozy to go with it, and a vintage Crochet Magazine retailing for 29 cents!  :c9 I'm happy, happy, happy!

Thank you again Ankh for being my partner!

post-5445-0-37962600-1368229940_thumb.jpg

Yay!  I got my package today!!!  :yay   I love it!  Let me share what I got:  "two" flamingo drink stirrers, "two" paper umbrellas, a package of Crystal Lite Peach Tea (my favorite!),and a margarita glass that I can freeze to keep my drinks cold!  I also got an entire recipe book, a lovely handmade card made from the "yellow construction paper & trimmed in plaid with butterflies on it!  A big surprise was when I "opened" the card and a butterfly flew out of it!  My husband couldn't stop laughing at me!  I also got four of the little crochet bunnies & a crochet chick too!  Add in the ball of lemon & sweet pea yarn, and I'm just as happy as I can be. :yes

Now, add in an additional skein of chocolate yarn, plus a package of dark chocolate covered coconut & a package of Peanut M&M's.

Plus, there is:  a pine cone, a paper clip, a garden gnome, a bathing cap, a lip balm with a crocheted cozy to go with it, and a vintage Crochet Magazine retailing for 29 cents!  :c9 I'm happy, happy, happy!

Thank you again Ankh for being my partner!

Great package!  I can't believe a real butterfly was in it.

Thank you krazy-kitty for my swap parcel.

post-54070-0-93471500-1368276787_thumb.jpg

I love the full flower garland and it has already gone up on my crafty shelves. Over here in the UK, we do not have the packets of drink mix that you have over in the USA. In place of this, I got some hot chocolate sachets and lots of other bits. I sent krazy-kitty more skiens of yarn to replace this.

Thank you for being my partner on this swap.

Edit: Oh yeah! I forgot to mention that she also crocheted a Yoda for Mr Skoggy! He is sitting on Mr Skoggy's computer desk. The cuddlies have already been cuddled by my toddler. She loves crochet. :D:hug

Edited by Skoggy

Thank you krazy-kitty for my swap parcel.

attachicon.gifIMG_1095.JPG

I love the full flower garland and it has already gone up on my crafty shelves. Over here in the UK, we do not have the packets of drink mix that you have over in the USA. In place of this, I got some hot chocolate sachets and lots of other bits. I sent krazy-kitty more skiens of yarn to replace this.

Thank you for being my partner on this swap.

Edit: Oh yeah! I forgot to mention that she also crocheted a Yoda for Mr Skoggy! He is sitting on Mr Skoggy's computer desk. The cuddlies have already been cuddled by my toddler. She loves crochet. :D:hug

Another great package.  My favorites are the bunny and the Yoda :)

Edited by AngelRoseLite

Another great package.  My favorites are the bunny and the Yoda :)

The bunny is so cute! Felicia thought so too as it now lives in her toy box and she has been pushing it around in her little toy stroller today. :D

1 person likes this

Great package!  I can't believe a real butterfly was in it.

LOL...no, it wasn't real...It was made of paper & wound up with a rubber band!  But it still scared the devil out of me!

LOL...no, it wasn't real...It was made of paper & wound up with a rubber band!  But it still scared the devil out of me!

:lol  Okay, I get it.  When I first read your original post, I flashed on the scene from The Bridesmaids.  :lol  That was a great effect, though.  I just can't stop laughing at the image!  :lol

These packages have been wonderful! I love how creative everyone has been--lots of thinking caps were put on. As well as bathing caps, LOL. But don't disappear after this swap winds down. The prizes will get mailed after everyone's packages have been received, extra point pieces verified, and if need be, a name drawn out of a hat.

1 person likes this

Hello I got my package thanks holly will post pictures tmrw from my office. The postcard was amusing

Now I can't find the camera charger so here is a list of the goodies I got. Thank you :ty Holly so much

1. swimming cap which is great because mine tore and I hadn't had a chance to rep[lace it yet.
  2. recipe for zuppa toscana
  3. old time crochet magazine from summer 1996
  4. map of LA
  5. 2 skiens of rasperry ILTY
  6. a flamingo figurine
  7. a plaid hobby lobby gift card
  8. a pack of umbrella straws
  9. sox crocheted cozies
  10. 1 skein of cotton mulberry yarn
  11. a post card from fort worth with a cowboy and bull
  12. a bunny applique
  13. kool aid liquid I have been wanting to try this thanks alot :yup
  14. blistex medicated berry balm

Well, gals, today is the last day of the swap. I'm not sure if we still have any packages in transit. I'm going to start tabulating everyone's packages to see who sent how many of the extras. I f we have multiple people who have, I'll put everyone's names in a hat and have someone draw a name to pick the winner. So stay tuned! Don't disappear just because the swap is over!

I hope everyone had a good time! I love the scavenger hunt because each year, it will be different, which means we get to see so much more creativity and wonderful goodies. Have a great spring, everyone!

patty

As you know, I offered a prize to the person who found all of the items on the secondary list, and if no one found them all, then the one who sent the most would be our winner. I also (without telling ya'll ;) ) decided to send a little something to the one who sent her package first. After all, in a real life scavenger hunt, the first one in with everything on the list, wins. But we had an early bird who also sent the most items, and as I wanted to spread the prizes around, I awarded her our Fastest Scavenger Award, and gave the runner-up with the second-most number of extra scavenged goodies our Scavenger With The Mostest Award. Sooo....

Drum roll, please!!!

Fastest Scavenger Award: tambob

Scavenger with the Mostest: CrochetKitten

Congratulations, ladies! I will be mailing out your prizes on Monday. Hope everyone had fun with the scavenger hunt, and will return next year for a new list of oddball things that you have to find (and some not-so-oddball things :lol ). And thanks to everyone for making this a relatively easy swap to host. That always makes a huge difference from behind the scenes. Patty

Edited by DesertCrocheter
I can spell
1 person likes this

As you know, I offered a prize to the person who found all of the items on the secondary list, and if no one found them all, then the one who sent the most would be our winner. I also (without telling ya'll ;) ) decided to send a little something to the one who sent her package first. After all, in a real life scavenger hunt, the first one in with everything on the list, wins. But we had an early bird who also sent the most items, and as I wanted to spread the prizes around, I awarded her our Fastest Scavenger Award, and gave the runner-up with the second-most number of extra scavenged goodies our Scavenger With The Mostest Award. Sooo....

Drum roll, please!!!

Congratulations, ladies! I will be mailing out your prizes on Monday. Hope everyone had fun with the scavenger hunt, and will return next year for a new list of oddball things that you have to find (and some not-so-oddball things :lol ). And thanks to everyone for making this a relatively easy swap to host. That always makes a huge difference from behind the scenes. Patty

I had a blast doing this swap and got to know a couple wonderful ladies. Thank you for hosting this, DesertCrocheter!

And for winning the award...woo hoo! :clap

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Not sure if I posted about my lovely package I received, I got some stitch markers with flammingos on, some plaid ribbon, a pink flower for my garden, 2 postcards, and 5 balls of lovely yarn, thanks to my swap partner Emma.

Drum roll, please!!!

Oh, yay! Thank you! I almost forgot about the prize. Can't wait to see what it is. :D

:applause Congratulations, tambob and crochetkitty!  I got to be crochetkitten's lucky recipient :D

I keep checking in for pics.  I love seeing what others come up with.  It's sad when a swap ends :(

Edited by AngelRoseLite

Drum roll, please!!!

Patty,

I received my prize yesterday! Thank you :ty  The yarn is beautiful. ( its a very soft chenille yarn )

Now to figure out what project to use it in. :D

Thank you again

1 person likes this

It's here, and it's beautiful! It's a rosewood crochet hook!

post-12013-0-12764400-1369348533_thumb.jpg

Thank you, DesertCrocheter! It's even in one of my favorite sizes (H!).

2 people like this