DesertCrocheter

Scavenger Hunt Swap: The WINNERS!

149 posts in this topic

Really sorry to hear that :( My thoughts are with you.

Hiya krazy-kitty! Thrilled to be your partner! :)

Edited by Skoggy

Round robin works for me

Oh dear, we have an odd number of swappers. Anyone want to do a round robin?

Not to sure what round robin is but, I think I have an idea. If it's what I'm thinking it's fine with me.

Okay, partner assignments out. Got to run to class, but any problems, please let me know.

Hi Krazycrocheter!! Glad to be your first partner who gets to spoil  you!! 

2 people like this

I'm so glad. I will love any and everything you send. any questions you have or anything you wanna know just ask.

1 person likes this

I've emailed.. but we'll chat and get to know each other some more  :) 

1 person likes this

DesertCrocheter, I'm sorry for your loss.   :hug

Hi, CrochetKitten! I wonder what this scavenger hunt is going to inspire us to do.  It's my first ever.  E-mail ya soon ;)

Edited by AngelRoseLite

I've been in contact with both ladies in our round robin. This swap is going to be sooo much fun. I can't wait to get started. :clap

I am so excited.  :clap  Can't wait to start shopping. So happy with my round robin ladies. :yay :yay  I'm like a kid at Christmas I'm so excited.

Edited by krazycrocheter

Yah!! I have been in contact with both my partners and am really looking forward to getting to know and spoil them both. :ghug

I have to say TamBob got me this morning.. she sent a lovely get to know you email however her name is the same as my sister and I couldn't understand what Tammy was emailing me about Crochet lol

Hugs!!

Kidge

Edited by kidge
2 people like this

:woo someone new to spoil yah :party humm now to go see what I will be making and using. Ankh :yarn

:woo someone new to spoil yah :party humm now to go see what I will be making and using. Ankh :yarn

LOL....I've got all kinds of ideas going through my mind to!  :2spin

Well, I'm considering anything out of print as vintage. So that's why I specifically mentioned the magazine Magic Crochet, which stopped publication a few years ago, but isn't older than 50 years (the usual definition of vintage).  Really, I'm considering anything not easily available, so nothing published in the last 5 years that's still in print (like a 5-year-old Interweave Crochet or Crochet Today mag--the mag is still in print and you may be able to get patterns from them, even from old issues). I want people to hunt an old magazine down--at used bookstores, at rummage sales, who knows where? 

Otherwise, this wouldn't be a scavenger hunt!

And remember, only the required items must be sent. The additional stuff just puts you in the running for a surprise from me. Kidge  won the surprise last year by being the first to send her package (that was last year's unspoken surprise requirement), and she got a Namaste bag for her hooks from Purls, one of my local yarn stores. I haven't even decided on the surprise yet, but it will be something crochet-related and it will be something I'd want to keep myself, :lol !

Patty

1 person likes this

Hey everyone, just a friendly reminder that you need to email me that you received your partner assignments. And hopefully everyone has been in touch with their partner so they can start hunting down treasures for them. I can't wait to see what ya'll find!

DesertCrocheter, I'm sorry for your loss.   :hug

Hi, CrochetKitten! I wonder what this scavenger hunt is going to inspire us to do.  It's my first ever.  E-mail ya soon ;)

Hi AngelRoseLite! Sorry I'm so late to post on here. Can't wait to start putting your package together!

Hows the scavenging going everyone? :)

As for me, it's not -- yet :lol

I'm officially starting it tomorrow, the first day of the 2nd ever Yarn Crawl L.A.  I hope I find lots of goodies for my package.  Then on Saturday I'm going with my crafting group via train from Fullerton to San Juan Capistrano.  It's my first time visiting, and the swallows are even going to be there to welcome us!  We'll visit a craft fair too.  All in all, starting tomorrow, there will be lots of opportunities to tackle the hunt from Bellflower to San Juan Capistrano.  Whoo-hoo!  I'd be happy with just the train ride :D

Wow, that sounds super fun!  Can I ditch work and come along? LA is only 8 hours away...