DesertCrocheter

Scavenger Hunt Swap: The WINNERS!

Hmm, just checked my email and you weren't in either my main box or my junk mail, so can you send it again? Thanks!

just resent

Can't wait to get my partner. I have so many ideas rolling around in my head. Wanna know if any of them are gonna work for her. Can't wait to start shopping. I love to shop. Shopping for others is my favorite kind of all. Are y'all as excited as I am. I'm probably just so excited cause It's my first swap.

Hmmmm.....I'm really thinking about this one.  I haven't participated in a swap for a while, and this one has peaked my interest!  Should I or shouldn't I?  :think

Hmmmm.....I'm really thinking about this one.  I haven't participated in a swap for a while, and this one has peaked my interest!  Should I or shouldn't I?  :think

You should. It'll be so much fun. Come on you know you want to.

• Like 1

I like the scavenger hunt swap, because while you have a list of things you have to get, there are so many ways you could structure your package for the rest of the stuff you send--either your partner's favorite color or yarn, stalking her posts to see what she likes to make and sending her that, etc. The other swaps are great, because you don't have to think about them, just send XX amount of yarn or create a kit or make stuff for the kitchen--and i love them and have done them all. But I kind of like a challenge myself.

But I will post the same note I put in the Spring Yarn Swap in answer to a question:

Please, please, please make sure you read your partner's survey and buy her the kinds of things she likes. In yarn swaps, we often have a problem where someone sends yarn that the recipient is allergic to or asked not to receive. It's so very important to read the survey, email your partner, and get to know her. You should be sending what your partner likes, not what you like, right?

Hi Everybody!  While we're waiting "patiently" (?) I thought I'd ask everyone's opinion on something....I've been planning a scrap afghan for our newly painted guest room.  I'm using the very small scraps I have leftover from other projects, and I'm having a hard time deciding if I should do "yo-yo's" or "granny's daughters".  Any thoughts or experiences you can share would be appreciated!

• Like 1

Hi Everybody!  While we're waiting "patiently" (?) I thought I'd ask everyone's opinion on something....I've been planning a scrap afghan for our newly painted guest room.  I'm using the very small scraps I have leftover from other projects, and I'm having a hard time deciding if I should do "yo-yo's" or "granny's daughters".  Any thoughts or experiences you can share would be appreciated!

I have never made an afghan with either. I have made both though, for charity. I personally like "granny's daughters" best. I have made more of them so it may just be I'm more familiar with them. Granny's daughters is what I'd reccomend. Just curious what colors will you be using. We do get to see pics, don't we.

I have never made an afghan with either. I have made both though, for charity. I personally like "granny's daughters" best. I have made more of them so it may just be I'm more familiar with them. Granny's daughters is what I'd reccomend. Just curious what colors will you be using. We do get to see pics, don't we.

Well, I haven't started as yet!  I just had a weak moment this past week & ordered a bunch of yarn from Herrschners, because I want to make a blanket for Warm Up America.  So, I will have all "those" colors along with all the scraps I already have.  I've made a granny's daughter before, and I am almost finished with a baby blanket that uses yo-yo's.  That blanket is joined in strips just like a granny's daughter.  I also have instructions for a couple of different methods of joining each...decisions, decisions!

• Like 1

Signed up :)  I love these ...

I love granny daughters in fact that is my "scrap project I am working on now ... 

• Like 1

Here is a photo of the "yo-yo" baby blanket I just finished! 

Beautiful! Love it. You are very talented. Whatever you decide on the other I know will be lovely.