DesertCrocheter

Scavenger Hunt Swap: The WINNERS!

Let's go on a scavenger hunt!   :jumpyay   April 1-May 15, 2013

This year, we're going to hunt down unusual items, like a true scavenger hunt. You MUST include all the items on the required list in your package, but can add any additional items you think your partner would enjoy. The minimum amount you must spend on your package is $25.

REQUIRED ITEMS:

• postcard from your town/city/state
  • any item with a flamingo on it
  • something plaid
  • at least two balls of yarn with a food in the color name (e.g. Caron Simply Soft Berry Blue)
  • little paper umbrellas and a drink mix packet (whatever your partner requests: e.g. lemonade, iced tea, Crystal Lite, etc.)
  • something that represents spring (this is the tricky one)
  • a recipe for a soup or salad
  • one of the following little crocheted spring cuties: Spring Chick Applique, a Spring Bunny, Spring Flower

EXTRA POINTS: You can earn extra 'points' by including any of the following in the package. Why would you do this? To win a prize! Let Patty know what extras you included, and the person with the most will win a prize from Patty.

• a pine cone
  • a paper clip
  • a bathing cap
  • a road map of New York City or Los Angeles
  • a golf tee
  • a piece of yellow construction paper
  • a lip balm
  • a crocheted cozy for something that normally doesn't need a cozy
  • a garden gnome
  • a vintage crochet magazine (e.g. Magic Crochet)

GUIDELINES:

Here are the rules. Please read them thoroughly before signing up.

1. Please submit a survey if you want to participate in this exchange. (See second post for Survey information.) Surveys should be emailed to the swap coordinator, DesertCrocheter, at patrysia_520 AT msn DOT com. You will receive a confirmation email when your survey is received, and your username will be added to the list of swappers posted below. Surveys can be submitted until noon Eastern zone EDT (New York City) on 30 March 2013. N.B.: Please do not send your survey as attachment--attached surveys always make my msn account freeze! Please cut and paste the survey in the body of your message.

2. It is not required that you answer all the questions on the survey (except for name, address, and Crochetville nickname), but it is a good way for your partner to know your other preferences: favorite color, allergies, etc. If you have been in a recent swap, you may want to let the hostess know who your swap partner was, so you are not accidentally teamed again (this has happened).

3. By submitting a swap survey, you agree to follow all Swap Guidelines and general forum guidelines. Please note—there is now a new requirement re: digital patterns.

4. Partner assignments will be e-mailed to you by 1 April 2013. Packages must be POSTMARKED BY 8 May 2013. **Proof of shipping is required whenever it is available (see Swap Guidelines for details), and the tracking number (formerly delivery confirmation number) must be emailed or PM'd to the swap coordinator.** All packages should be received by the end of the swap on 15 May 2013.

5. E-mail the coordinator, DesertCrocheter at patrysia_520 AT msn DOT com, when you receive your partner information at the start of the swap, and when you send and receive your exchange item(s) so that she can keep record of who sent and received. Do not PM her through Crochetville. This is in addition to posting to the swap thread that you mailed or received your assigned partner and your packages. Lots of messages are posted to the swap thread daily. Please don’t make the swap coordinator go through all those messages to see if you sent/received your package!!! Remember, these emails are now required of all Crochetville swappers. Failure to do so will result in the accumulation of reputation points.

6. Please thank your partner for their thoughtfulness when you receive your package. It will make his or her day. **Thank-you’s MUST be posted on the swap thread, but you can post links to your blog for photos, etc., if you choose. Thank-you’s are REQUIRED!!**Please also thank your partner personally with a private email, as well as a post to the swap thread. The private thank-you lets your partner know that their package has been received, and the public thank-you lets the other swappers know what you received and adds to everyone’s enjoyment of the exchange. Both public and private thank-you’s are required.

7. Make sure your postage and receiver's address are correct before mailing. Mark your package with Crochetville Scavenger Hunt. Do not forget that delivery confirmation (or other proof of shipping) is required whenever it is available, and the delivery confirmation must be emailed to the swap coordinator. This provides proof of mailing in case your package is lost during transit.

8. If you have a problem with your partner or an item you receive, please DO NOT post complaints to the swap board. Please PM or email the swap coordinator privately.

9. If your package is not postmarked by the Mailing Deadline of 8 May 2013, you will be subject to the consequences listed in the Swap Guidelines. Please contact the swap coordinator BEFORE the mailing deadline passes if there is a problem.

10. Since we are an international group, everyone is more than welcome to participate. That means that your exchange partner may live across the world and packages may take longer to arrive and cost more to ship. Keep this in mind when mailing items.

11. Most importantly, have fun! Happy Swapping!!

PRIVACY INFORMATION:

The information you provide on your survey is provided to assigned swap partners. Information may also be provided to the Swap Coordinator Leader (DesertCrocheter) and Crochetville administration (AmyS and Donna) for the purposes of swap coordination only. With prior permission, survey information may also be shared with members sending “Angel” replacement packages, if necessary.

IMPORTANT DATES:

March 30, 2013: survey deadline
May 8, 2013: mailing deadline
May 15, 2013: end of swap

FINAL REMINDERS!!! SWAPPER RESPONSIBILITIES:

• Email Patty when you get your partner assignment (posting in thread isn’t sufficient)
  • Email Patty the Tracking/Delivery Confirmation number of your package (posting in thread isn’t sufficient)
  • Thank your partner!
Edited by DesertCrocheter

Scavenger Hunt Survey

What is your full name (for mailing purposes only), and C'ville nickname?

Email address for swap information?

What is your mailing address?

Can you send to a foreign partner?

Do you have any allergies? (Smoke, certain scents, food items, cats/dogs, etc)?

Do you, or anyone in your household, smoke?

Do you mind swapping with a smoker?

Do you have cats/dogs, other pets?

Do you have any fiber allergies (wool, mohair, etc)?

What are your favorite colors?

Are there any colors you don't like?

Are there any yarn types (e.g., wool, bamboo, acrylic, etc.) you prefer?

Are there any yarn types you do not like and would not like to receive?

What kind of drink mix would you like (e.g. Crystal Lite, lemonade, iced tea, etc.)? make sure to note if you prefer sugar-free or have some other dietary requirement.

Soup ____  or salad_____ ?

If soup, vegetarian _____   Gluten-free _____

What sort of extra goodies would you like to receive? (Tea, coffee, candy, note cards, lip balm, etc.)

When you hear the word 'spring,' what do you think of? (This may help your partner send you something that represent spring, but remember, she can send something that represents spring to her instead.)

Anything else you want your partner to know? Be specific. We want the package to be perfect for you!

Anything you want the swap hostess to know? (This information is removed before survey information is sent to your partner. It's kept private and confidential). E.g., a recent swap partner so you’re not partnered again, if someone is your relative, etc.

Have you read all of the swap rules, both for this specific swap and the general swap guidelines? And do you agree to follow these rules?

Are you currently participating in 2 swaps at this time? If so, list the swaps.

Scavengers:

AngelRoseLite

Ankh

CrochetKitten

hollyzhobbyz

kidge

krazykrocheter

krazy-kitty

skoggy

tambob6259

• Like 1

The scavenger hunt is almost on!  And this year, you get to be creative and ponder "spring." What does spring mean to you? How would you 'send a little spring" to someone?

A note to everyone: I have just begun an intense, out-ot-town project at work that has 10+ -hour days, no computer access, not even cell-phone access. I'm cut off!   :lol  I will not be able to be on the computer every day. So, please be patient awaiting your email confirmation re: your survey submission. I'll try to find a laptop to get on to reply on a regular basis, but it may not be daily. But don't worry, I'll definitely be catching up on the weekends between now and March 30 to respond.

Get your thinking caps on! And your magnifying glass or binoculars to go a'huntin'!

Sent in my survey

Hmm, just checked my email and CrochetKitten's was the only survey. Did you send it as an attachment? The instructions say to NOT send it as an attachment as they always go in my junk folder, for some reason. If you sent it in the body of an email, then it may ahve gone astray. Can you please submit again? Thanks!

I have to think about this one! The next week is going to  be insanity! I will ponder, check finances and stalk the thread when i can until i have more than five minutes to breathe and decide after the  High school play has finished!

This sounds like lots of fun.

btw How old is vintage?

According to Webster's:  

2vintage  adjective
Definition of VINTAGE
of wine : of, relating to, or produced in a particular vintage
: of old, recognized, and enduring interest, importance, or quality : classic
a : dating from the past : old

b : outmodedold-fashioned
: of the best and most characteristic —used with a proper noun <vintage Shaw: a wise and winning comedy — Time>

Of course, I just think looks old and I found it at the thrift shop.  ;)

I was reading your signature.  Hilarious!  I love it.  I think I'll send out the same SOS :lol
Edited by AngelRoseLite

You are required to crochet one of the three spring inspired things for your partner. If you decide to do the flower do you have to do the whole garland or just one flower? Was just wondering.

This sounds like lots of fun.

btw How old is vintage?

Well, for these purposes, I'd assume any crochet magazine no longer in print is vintage.

I myself am approaching vintage age.

• Like 1

This sounds so fun - but I'm going to have to pass!! Maybe it'll be back around next year :)

It will, but it will be different. Last year, the scavenger hunt was themed (flowers), but this year, it's more a traditional scavenger hunt (a mish-mash of unrelated stuff).

Next year? Who knows? Whatever my evil little mind can com eup with to stump you crocheters and make it a real hunt! :lol

You are required to crochet one of the three spring inspired things for your partner. If you decide to do the flower do you have to do the whole garland or just one flower? Was just wondering.

Just one flower, but I thought that flower pattern seemed to represent an equivalent amount of time to the other two options. Of course, if you want to make the whole garland, you may. But you only have to make one flower.

I sent my survey in hopefully you got it I have had some emails going off into the cosmos latelty

I sent my survey in hopefully you got it I have had some emails going off into the cosmos latelty

Hmm, just checked my email and you weren't in either my main box or my junk mail, so can you send it again? Thanks!

Man, I just can't decide on this one or the spring/summer yarn swap!  I'll have to think about it a bit over my mini-vacation.  :D