March Charity Bash: 3/14 thru 3/19

Next Thursday marks the start of this month's charity get-together.  We spend 6 days focussing on those in need be they humans or animals.  Any types of crafting are welcome: crochet, knit, quilted, or whatever.  So often it seems that the few things we do as individuals are a drop in the bucket in the face of so many in need.  By getting together for a few days each month we can see how much our little bits amount to when added to other people's little bits.  We share what's going on in our lives and enjoy pictures of what's accomplished.  Everyone is welcome whether it's for the whole time or just a few hours.  :welcome   If you want to get a jump start early or go a little over the six days that's fine, too.  At the end of the time post your accomplishments in bold letters and I'll compile an overall list of all that was done in this time together.  :manyheart

I'm baaack  :)

I have a kid 'ghan I want to make ( to add  to a box for Project Night Night)

and a couple of new  scarf patterns  I want to try out for "hand made especially for you"

( does this mean I have an excuse to get some new yarn  :think:devil )

and a couple of new  scarf patterns  I want to try out for "hand made especially for you"

sure,go ahead and get some more yarn,I need every excuse to try and catch up to you in stashbusting,lol :D

I think I'll take a break from hats and do some squares for Molly's babies

Absolutely!  Always glad to enable a friend to buy more yarn.  :D 

I have a big project coming up this weekend. A group of volunteers are coming together on the 16th to try to complete 100 fleece cat beds and several hundred toys for our shelter. I have been prepping (cutting the fleece then sewing the first line in so I can get the pins out and cut more!) for about 6 weeks.

This means I will get zero crocheting done, but it's a good trade for one weekend.

Hey, Denise.  I think that would be a truly awesome accomplishment for this month's charity get-together as well as for the shelter.  The things do NOT have to be crocheted to count.

Going to work on some squares to use up some odds and ends.....I've already started on a few last night and probably some today. Maybe do a few UBW hats with camo and black. I really like that combo for my box. 

Okay, friends. Tomorrow is the official start date!  I bought 2 skeins of RHSS in Blue Suede today and worked enough of a new pattern to finally get it down to the point of not having to look at the printed pattern while doing it and still coming out with the right number of stitches in all the rows.  It only took me 3 pattern repeats to finally get it down.  :lol   :lol   :lol   It's a scarf pattern that I'm changing into a prayer shawl pattern.  Different number of stitches, different weight yarn, and different size hook.  :P   I never do anything the easy way it seems.  Anyway, it's all set in my head and fingers now so should go well from now on. 

I'll see you all tomorrow.  Happy crafting!!!  :ghug 

Yes, looking forward to the fun! :manyheart

I am going to use up some thick chenille I have on a couple of carseat-sized blankies before I charge into hat making. 

I would feel guilty making doll clothes with that yarn when babies have need of the warmth.

Hi, to everyone! We are off and running. I'll be starting with a helmet liner for the troops in Afghanistan. Have a good day and happy crafting.

Finished a ( previously started) scarf and have been  making "parts" for the owl afghan. I like to get the small stuff done first  then I can finish relatiuvely quickly once the  big parts(squares) are done .

I have to go down  to my mom's for a week,( just a short 10 hr drive -- ugh) she was in a crash that totaled her vehicle  so she needs transportation-- fortunatley she is just fine.

cars are replaceable-- moms are not!

so I may be late with my final report as I am not sure what her internet status is

Finished a ( previously started) scarf and have been  making "parts" for the owl afghan. I like to get the small stuff done first  then I can finish relatiuvely quickly once the  big parts(squares) are done .

I have to go down  to my mom's for a week,( just a short 10 hr drive -- ugh) she was in a crash that totaled her vehicle  so she needs transportation-- fortunatley she is just fine.

so I may be late with my final report as I am not sure what her internet status is

thank goodness she is okay,have a safe trip there and back

Thank goodness your mom is okay! It's not a problem if you are a bit late. I'll keep an eye out for any late posters and just add them to the grand total if it's already been posted. You be careful on your way down to her house.

I just about finished the helmet liner last night. Have about two more pattern rows and the crown left to do.

I've got hot water on for tea, coffee, or hot cocoa, so feel free to grab a cyber cup as you work today on your crafting.

Happy St. Patty's Day!!! Are you all wearing your green? According to my grandmother I'm a tiny bit Irish, so I'll be one for the day. I'm working with green yarn, too.

Have a wonderful day and a great weekend.

How are you and your volunteers doing, Denise? We want to here all about it.

Lynn....thank goodness your mom is okay!! Have a safe drive.

Isn't St Patricks Day tomorrow?? I thought it was always on the 17th.  :think  My grandma was a McCartney, I think they were from Cork, descendants of Bruce the Great....I think that is how the story goes. 

I've been busy on the squares when I have a chance. We are have a BBQ today, it's little overcast and 80's with a light wind. We are blending up some margaritas to go with blue cheese burgers and cheddar cheese brats. 

I have to take some time today to finish my March Calendar CAL project so I have it by the 17th.  Should have had it done ages ago but pretty yarn got in the way :rofl

I have finished my yellow blankie, started my multi-coloured blankie and I have  4 hats done.

Hope all is well for everyone.

Susan, I think you are right about St. Patty's Day being tomorrow, but it can't hurt to start a day early, can it? Your BBQ meal sounds fabulous.

Darski, you are making great progress.

I have the green helmet liner all done but for hiding the last tail.

I did finish my St. Paddy's project

and I finished my 2nd blankie

Now back to my hats for a while.

Will try to get pics of the blankies.  I have to admit they are so soft even if they hurt the hands while making them.

I think I will use the leftover yarn to make square hats.  Love those.

How is it all going folks?  Lots of green wishes to all  :rock   :check

Beautiful, Darski. :clap

I've been working on a new prayer shawl pattern most of today and after two trips to the frog pond I think I've finally got it! :) I'd have a lot of it done except for all the frogging.

Hope you all had a great day and weekend.

Archived