How to crochet baby blanket together?

Jayashiangel

Question

16 answers to this question

Thanks everyone!!! Here is a quick pictures of the blanket now finished!!! She did single crochet down the sides that would be single crochet together then she did a single crochet boarder around the whole thing...It looks Awesome for a first time I am so proud of her.!!!!

post-35509-0-58970200-1362960006_thumb.jpg

post-35509-0-61197200-1362960184_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone!!! Here is a quick pictures of the blanket now finished!!! She did single crochet down the sides that would be single crochet together then she did a single crochet boarder around the whole thing...It looks Awesome for a first time I am so proud of her.!!!!

Looks awesome!!

For future reference: Whether joining Granny Squares or panels, I use a blind type whip stich in the back loops of the two pieces being joined together. When completed, the stitches blend right in. This video explains it a bit.

I do mine the same way :)

When I work with Granny Squares - I have always single crocheted them together - either through the front loops or the back - it just depends on whether you want the joining of the squares to show or not :)

For future reference: Whether joining Granny Squares or panels, I use a blind type whip stich in the back loops of the two pieces being joined together. When completed, the stitches blend right in. This video explains it a bit.

The pic in the blog post looks like either sc or hdc with a slightly large hook for the yarn.

You can do any stitch you want - sc, hdc, dc, etc, so long as it's square when it's finished.  You work in strips and then sew them together when it's done.

You can click on the link in my signature to the Flannelghan CAL.  The flannelghan is made with 2 strands and an N hook but it's the same construction style.

Archived