A surprise purchase

Skoggy

For some odd reason, I found myself buying a pair of knitting needles today. :lol

Well, looks like I'm teaching myself that as well then. :P

Haha, in all reality, I look at some knitting patterns and my heart just goes "awwww" so I've decided to give it a bash. Also, a knitting friend of mine taught herself how to crochet at the beginning of the week so if she can do that, then I can teach myself how to knit.

There may be a few questions heading in your direction. :)

Good Luck Emma, I also want to learn how to
Knit. The last few times I've gone to joanns I've
put a pair of needles in my cart but at the last minute
I take them out and I always tell myself next time.
Go on youtube they always have great tutorials.
I'm very happy for you, can't wai :cheer t to see your new

knitting project. Take Care. B.C.

I have taught myself to knit watching you tube- and I've got the knit and purl stitch down- I tried to practice for 30 minutes /day- it's amazing the progress you can make if you do that.

My first love is crochet, but there are some neat things that can be made if you can knit---

I love the look, too. As mentioned here, YouTube is a great source for tutorials. If you want instant gratification get big bamboo needles and use cotton to make a few wash cloths - doesn't matter what they look like! I got to the point where I've made squares as well as a scarf for myself - for that I used bulkier, variegated yarn, big needles and only the knit stitch.

For some odd reason, I found myself buying a pair of knitting needles today. :lol

Well, looks like I'm teaching myself that as well then. :P

Haha, in all reality, I look at some knitting patterns and my heart just goes "awwww" so I've decided to give it a bash. Also, a knitting friend of mine taught herself how to crochet at the beginning of the week so if she can do that, then I can teach myself how to knit.

There may be a few questions heading in your direction. :)

Gram taught me to knit, many years ago, I can knit and purl, that's about as far as it goes. I find it slow, tedious, somewhat less progress than if you crochet, but for those that can, I say good for them, so good luck to you, hope it turns out you like it!

I find with knitting, I was watch tv, talk and do just about anything, cause it is always the same.  With crocheting, I have to watch what I am dong.

The worst thing is dropping stitches, but keep a crochet hook next to you for that.

I am not trying to talk you out of it.  I learned knitting when I was a little kid.  My Mom taught me.  She tried to teach me how to crochet, but gave up.  I still have to go on the internet, for certain stitches, so I guess you could say I am still learning.

There are so beautiful patterns and I love the cable stitch.

I  enrolled this month in Kim Guzman's online  class- There is a charge but if u have a question she always responds.

I found that the Continental method was best for me.

• 4 weeks later...

After years of Knitting, I still fined that I go to Youtube to find a stitch or two that I forget how to start it.. Love knitting it is slower for me then crochet but easier on the hands then crocheting.

I use cicular needles for everything--- You don't have all that weight on your wrists..

I'm gping to be starting a baby sweater with a cable cast-on-----YouTube here I come...

I'm a Thrower, not Continental knitter.

• 2 weeks later...

Emma, anyone that can crochet can knit.  Knitting is a lot easier.  I taught myself about 30 years ago.  I am left handed so I got a book looked at it and then changed what hand I was knitting from.  If u are right handed you have it made.

you can do it!!!!! I did so that means anyone can! pretty soon you will be knitting almost as much as you crochet. I find that when my hands hurt from crochet switching to knitting helps...i keep my arthritic fingers warm but my aching wrists get a change.

Archived