kidge

Help with Tree of Life afghan

10 posts in this topic

I began this after receiving the yarn as part of the swap however the instructions  as written may be wrong.

It calls for sc and fpdc for the tree however it says fpdc  in the sc thus the fpdc are much taller then the sc I am afraid this will cause the afghan to be wonky... and am curious if the fpdc should have been around the sc in the row before not the one I use.

Has anyone completed this afghan?

Hi Kidge, I'm working on it as well. I'm on the flower panel in the middle. Which row are you referring to so I can have a look myself? :)

I just started the tree panel I started with the two rows of sc and then on the first row of fpdc I just went down one row ..was I suppose to go down two rows? It just seems the fpdc are taller the my sc

It does go a bit wobbley because of the height difference of sc and fpdc's but it does work out level in the end once you move onto the rows with no posts involved. :) I just looked at my WIP pics and mine was wobbley but here is a photo of it as of today and, apart from it laying on an uneven couch, its level. (sorry about it being sideways on)

post-54070-0-26707400-1362492127_thumb.jpg

Edited by Skoggy
1 person likes this

Looks great... thank you for your input  I will continue .. I only have 7 rows done so I figured I would stop until I was sure I hate frogging but if I have to .. I want it to be now instead of later ;)

They are taller.  You don't crochet into the sc - you crochet around it.  That could be where you're having the problem.

oh no.. I am definitely going around the sc either from front or back depending on row...  I just thought it would be more even if I started one row down but seems the instructions don't call for it that way. Skoggy said it evens out though after the edging so I am going to keep going...

Yeah, it definitly does. I haven't done anything other than follow the pattern and its sorted itself out in the end. :)

I love this afghan - and might make one some day.  I look forward to seeing your finished products!  :D