No really, it is a baby blanket...

ala139

I finished this today for my best friend.  I started it before I knew the sex (which is a boy, btw...  her second boy) but obviously started it long after I've first known my friend.  If the blanket is beautiful, if it is white and pale blue and pale pink, if people would look at it and gape in wonder at its majesty...  she would never ever use it for fear of ruining it.   So I knew what I made her would have to be messy already.  Borderline ugly.  So that when her baby pukes on it, poos on it, drags it through the dirt as a toddler she won't worry that it's ruined.  I want it to be well-loved and well used.   Not displayed.   So without further ado....   the baby blanket that my friend will hopefully use.  

post-36556-0-80695000-1362288735_thumb.jpg

Thank you, everyone.   The pattern is from the Lion Brand website.  It is a log cabin pattern.   She did love it and I did give her the washing instructions.   She cried.   I mentioned about the baby puking and pooing on it specifically, so I'm confident she knows it can stand up.   People think crocheted afghans are so delicate.  They're tough, tough blankets.  We wouldn't have many from our grandmothers and great-grandmothers if they weren't.   I'm confident she'll use it.    Now on to the name wreath in nursery colors for the wall.  :)   

• 4 weeks later...

Archived