Please, Need a tutor in Suffolk County, NY

Question

Hello Everyone, 

Although I've been crocheting on and off for 23 years, I can only do a straight double crocheted blanket.  I would love, love, love to learn how to make doll clothes for my 6-yr-old's favorite doll, and some fancy lap blankets for the residents at the nursing home I work in.  I really need to learn new stitches, but unfortunately I cannot learn from a book.  I need someone to show me.  If anyone is interesting in helping me (someone with lots of patience!) I would be forever grateful.  I've also always admired bed dolls!  I've wanted to learn for a very long time.  I am so happy to have found this forum!  l will pay anyone wishing to mentor me.  It will probably take me a while to catch on, so could be a nice little  income for you ;)   

Thanks much,

donna  

:X (big kiss) 

Edited by ladyloops

2 answers to this question

Donna, if you don't find a mentor right away, Teresa on Youtube, (the Art of Crochet) has easy to follow, step-by-step videos.. She is easy to follow along with and you can stop and replay the parts you need to see again.

Here's the link to her page... http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=ELg6fAULn3yUI

I'm not so sure you should be posting your phone number, if someone wants to contact you, they can send you a private message thru here. You can easily delete it, just click on "edit" in he lower right hand corner of your post and you can remove it.

Good luck and have fun!

Hi Donna ~

To follow up mattenylou's post to you, I was going to suggest going on YouTube. You can just type in things like "crochet dc" or "crochet dc2tog" and get a bunch of videos. (YouTube has been a big help for me learning to knit.)

Anyway, welcome to Crochetville & have fun!!! :sun