Tampa Doll

C’Ville March 2013 Tote

143 posts in this topic

We are just marching thru 2013.  Pun intended :heehee 

I remember when I lived in New Jersey; by this time of year I am looking to go somewhere warm and sunny. :sigh   My eyes always turned south.

Now that I live here, it is a different story.

Since about October we have had Snow Birds, of course we get the usual tourist all year long. 

A week ago the Pitchers and Catchers showed up for Spring Training, and then the rest started to show up.  Now we have Baseball fans here. 

We have within a 2 hour drive 8 MLB Baseball teams.  Within 15 minutes, are the Yankees, Phillies and the Blue Jays.

Soon it will be time for Spring Break, so add college kids to this mess and you see us all praying for Easter.  That is when everyone leaves.

March is also this year has 2 holidays, St Patrick’s Day and Easter.  Yes Easter is early this year.  I always looked forward to St. Pat’s Day, as my Mom would make this candy called Irish potatoes.  No potatoes but lots of sugar and cinnamon.

Oh I almost forgot, our Strawberry Festival is starting in Plant City.  It has strawberries made in every item imaginable. strawberry short cake, sliced strawberries and strawberry pie, just to name a few.  Lots of big names in Country singers will be performing also.

I decided to make the tote with Peaches and Cream Sunflower with Emerald green sides, Cream handles and gold trim.  The pocket is Christmas green with gold lettering all Aunt Lydia thread.  I thought sun flower was appropriate for March, as it brings forth visions of Spring.

So Tote #84 has been called Spring Break, which is what we are soon to be in the middle of.

More Pictures

post-105-0-33565300-1361813226_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tampa Doll
3 people like this

Oh, this tote is just lovely!!! It makes me think of daffodils, which should be blooming soon. Bright and cheery. Beautiful Mary Jo, as always!

Wowowow! I love those colours!

Over here, in the UK, it is also Mothers Day in March. This year I have 2 lovely little girls to snuggle with on Mothers Day. It's also my Stepmom's birthday.

This March we are also hoping to move house so got that to look forward to. :)

A real spring feel.  My Dad always loved St. Patrick's Day.  We always had a boiled dinner the weekend before.

I love the spring colors.  Makes me long for my tulips, which if we didn't have mounds of snow might just about be thinking of popping up their heads.  In a few years they've made an appearance in early March with the crocus.

Love the colors in the bag.  The colors remind me of dyed easter eggs!  You do

such beautiful work.

Oh wow March already! Today my daughter and i were discussing the weather. She thinks it will snow on her Birthday the 22nd. I reminded her that last year during the play we had 80 degree weather...i can almost guarantee that in two weeks we will still have snow on the ground here in NH. The colors remind me of the first high school i went to...Catherine McAuley an all girls catholic school in Portland ME. Our colors were green and gold and we were known as the lions. Another beautiful bag MaryJo

Love the colors!!!! March is always busy in our family. And expensive! LOTS of birthdays. Mine, my sister's, my oldest son, aunts, cousins, etc. etc.

Lovely bag and will be a very lucky recipient!

Thank you all for the compliments.  I thought we needed something bright, and as I was making it, I thought of GreenBay with the gold and green.

I remember about March being Mother's Day.  I have a very good friend not far from you in Stockport.  We have been friends since I was 10 or 11 and I am now 63. :D   We finally met about 5 or 6 years ago.

Fabulous tote Mary Jo and of couse March is also  the birthday of my Irish Rose tote!  Cant wait to see who  the new bag lady will be!

Edited by Hookerangel

Gorgeous bag - as always!

March is a BUSY BUSY month for us!! 

On the 2nd we celebrate my aunt's birthday , then on the 4th we have my cousin's birthday. On the 11th, we have my brothers birthday, along with my Angel nephew's Angel day (He would have been 7). On the 12th is his big sisters birthday & on the 20th is my uncle's birthday. Skip ahead to the 31st, and that's our anniversary! Add in there St. Patrick's day - which I have fun with, making sure my boys have their green on!! I always try to do something fun - normally we have green pancakes for breakfast & green mashed potatoes for dinner (along with green cookies) 

I'm not sure but I have a sneaking suspicion that sometime in March, we will be adding another birthday - I am due at the beginning of April (the 4th..) - but I just don't see myself holding out that long!

I can't wait to start seeing the clues :)

Edited by jessicali

I thought Packers too Mary Jo!  But then I'm married to a cheesehead so what do you expect?  :lol   Pretty bag and I like the varigated colors of it and the flower makes it stand out even prettier!  Can't wait to see where this one will end up calling "home"! 

Oh and wish I could come for your Strawberry Festival....it sounds yummy!  :drool 

I'm sure spring will come soon - with this bright and cheerful tote!

Spring is on the way!!!  But first, more snow is in the forecast later this week. I'm hoping that this will be the last time!  The weather is not as predictable as Mary Jo is with her totes!  Each one is beautiful, with it's own story behind it.  Can't wait to see who the next bag lady will be.

Thank you all for the compliments.  I thought we needed something bright, and as I was making it, I thought of GreenBay with the gold and green.

I remember about March being Mother's Day.  I have a very good friend not far from you in Stockport.  We have been friends since I was 10 or 11 and I am now 63. :D   We finally met about 5 or 6 years ago.

Thats fantastic! It's great that friendships last that long without ever meeting. I've got a couple of people that I've been friends with for 3 or 4 years without meeting. Although we have arranged to meet in May sometime. :)

Another beautiful tote.   Love the colors.   

I have a friend that lives in the villages and he always has visitors but his rules are three days and then you go.  

You can stay in Florida as long as you want but only three days at his home.    

It seems to work (it doesn't apply to his children).     :-)    Cheryl

Edited by Cathoms

Absolutely love the colors MaryJo, really nice.  Of course they are all but these colors just struck me.  Someone is going to be happy very soon.

I can't believe its almost March, please tell me where Jan and Feb went!!!!

Beautiful spring bag

1 person likes this

Pretty color combination - it has a retro feel.  I wish spring would hurry up here, I'm getting tired of dreary days in my corner of the country.

This bag is is Spring like that it makes me want Spring even more. With Easter being early this year I will be having a double celebration that day. Of course Easter, but my son's birthday is the 30th. I love this time of year!

I can't believe its almost March, please tell me where Jan and Feb went!!!!

Beautiful spring bag

I am still wondering this also!! Less than a MONTH until Spring!!