Vintage Turban Scarf

KendraMcKay

Question

Hello! I bought this pattern for a Vintage Turban Scarf last night. I was super excited about it and wanted to start it right away, but I couldn't make any sense of the directions!

If anybody has used this pattern and was able to make it would you be willing to help me out? Maybe through email or something? I would really appreciate it a lot, thank you!

post-66516-0-84304700-1361767434_thumb.jpg

10 answers to this question

It's mostly the part at the beginning about making the slot, I don't know which sides are supposed to be open, and then when I do the two double crochets in each stitch after that it starts fanning out really huge and looking weird.

Thank you so much for being willing to try this out and help me! I really really appreciate it! :)

I wasn't sure so just googled it and that's what I found for relation of the ply to the weight for US.

But either way, using the bigger hook and yarn will surely enlarge the final product so you'll just have to make adjustments to prevent such a large fanning out.  But, it definitely should fan out, so I'm guessing you're following the pattern correctly.

Archived