Pattern or stitch name - afghan, photo attached

macfoo

Question

Picture attached is what my mother-in-law refers to as her piece-de-resistance. It is a gorgeous afghan done in white and baby brights ombre simply soft.

Problem is, I want to try the stitch / pattern, but she doesn't remember how she did it nor can she find the pattern. She no longer crochets so she has either disposed of or sold off a lot of her patterns and notions. 

Does anyone know the name of the pattern or the name of the stitch that is used?

Thanks

Thanks Ms. Razz - didn't realize it didn't upload - it is here now :)

post-32363-0-73212800-1361762394_thumb.jpg

9 answers to this question

I thought it was Mile-A-Minute as well at first but mom keeps insisting it was worked in a single piece with the fringes being on the bottom and top. I've had someone else recommend that it was an aran cable of some sort but and while I've seen some stitch examples that are close, nothing matches it. I am thinking this could also be because of how lose the stitches are (everything she did was very lose tension). 

Now that I take a closer look - yeah, it could be made in one piece with a post stitch making the ridges. 

Can you take a pic of it in macro mode on your camera?  It's really hard to see the stitch definition.

I think it was the color changes that make it look like a MAM.

in the colored section, in the first row there is a  cross stitch, then on the next row a cross stitch is made around  that stitch.  Nexstitch has good tutorials on cross sts http://www.nexstitch.com/v_front_cross_stitch.html

that is about as specific as i can be, without actually swatching it.  

Very nice close-up. 

Unfortunately, we can't write the pattern out for you because of copyright laws but it should be easy enough to figure out now that you know what stitches are used.

Check out the links that Kathy posted.  They should be quite helpful.

Archived