rainbow ripple on line pattern.

katey101

Question

14 answers to this question

Pretty!  The photo looks like US DC, the fact that the pattern spells color without a "u', calls out out US sized hooks instead of mm size, and the 'chain 2, dc' convinces me this is US terms.  It's common to use 'ch 3, dc' but the designer might be trying to reduce the gap that a ch 3 can make at the start of the round.  It would be really odd to 'ch 2, UK DC / US SC'.

hello does anyone know if it is american or uk?

A few years back, I wrote a Simple Round Ripple pattern which is very similar to this one. (I can now send this as a PDF if anyone wants it. Just PM me your email address.)

I wrote it for both US and UK crocheters.

This one is a US version for sure because of the DC which is longer than the UK DC.

If you are using DK (8ply) yarn, I would suggest you use a 4mm to 4.5mm because a 5mm may be a bit large and make your finished piece more likely to stretch out of shape as it is used.

Have fun.

Colleen

A few years back, I wrote a Simple Round Ripple pattern which is very similar to this one. (I can now send this as a PDF if anyone wants it. Just PM me your email address.) I wrote it for both US and UK crocheters. This one is a US version for sure because of the DC which is longer than the UK DC. If you are using DK (8ply) yarn, I would suggest you use a 4mm to 4.5mm because a 5mm may be a bit large and make your finished piece more likely to stretch out of shape as it is used. Have fun. Colleen

I tried to PM you, but couldn't.  Would you please send me the Simple Round Ripple pattern you wrote?  Thank you so much!

froggerscrochetclub@yahoo.com  

Archived