Ecru placemats in use

Afghaniac

Awhile ago I posted a picture of these ecru placemats that I made. I'm having "the girls" over for lunch tomorrow and thought I'd show you how I'm using them. Is it girlie enough, ya think? I know, it looks like spring, but it will soon be spring in Atlanta.

There are a couple of afghans cluttering the background. I give away a lot of them, but can't seem to part with these yet.We've got a glut of afghans all over the house and not another inch of space.

post-1473-0-13236900-1361468238_thumb.jpg

Beautiful table!  Is there a pattern for those gorgeous placemats somewhere? 

Thank you, Deb!

The pattern is in this book: http://www.amazon.com/Better-Homes-Gardens-White-Crochet/dp/0696016311/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1361477812&sr=1-1&keywords=white+crochet , which I bought for next to nothing at a thrift store years ago. This is the only pattern from the book that I've used, but I've probably made a couple of dozen of these mats in various colors, for myself and for a charity auction. It's fun to make.

Oh, pretty! Love how the afghans in the back, pick up some of the colors of the flower centerpiece, and those napkins are so cute!! Im having March brunch at my house and will try to remember to snap a pic too, before everyone gets here! How pretty, you set a wonderful table! The Girls, will love it!

Thanks for posting where the pattern came from...I have that book!  I've never made anything out of it tho.  I'll have to dig it out tonight and look it over again!

I'm pretty sure it's the cover picture on the book.

"The girls" did love it today, and we had a great old time, chowing down and playing cards. And, as someone pointed out, stemmed goblets don't -- as might be feared -- tip over on the mats. They sit straight, so no need for coasters. Have fun!

Archived