Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LegalWoman17

Granny Stripe TA-DAH!

34 posts in this topic

At long last, here it is in all of its glory. I started this granny stripe afghan on January 1, 2013 and finished on February 20, 2013. It was fun to make and an enjoyable crochet project - but I am so glad it's done. The bed it is spread out on is a queen sized bed, so you can imagine how big the afghan is.

011.JPG

I was inspired by Lucy at http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/. I did not do the fancier border that she used on her afghan, but it's good enough for me. The yarn was the Stylecraft Special DK pack (http://us.deramores.com/stylecraft-special-dk-colour-pack), a combination of 17 different colors.

This afghan makes me happy -- and I must thank Lucy for the inspiration.

4 people like this

It's so pretty!  the colors are great, so bright and cheerful, just what a person needs in this cold weather.  you got it done really quickly too :hook 

Wow! Love it! That Stylecraft pack is fantastic. I have ordered it in the past. And such good value (even if you are ordering it from the States). :lol

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• Love it!!!! •¨¯`•    

beautiful   and I hope mine turns out as nice as yours.  My Lucy 17 pak is on its way to me.   lol

Beautiful, love the colors! I love Lucy's colorful things, this warms me just looking at it.

Queen size, wow, you were busy!

Love your afghan love the bright colors too, I also order this dk pack too love the vibrant colors.

It's beautiful!  And now I have some new yarn that I want to order!  I didn't know about them before.  what a great deal.  Oh boy, hubby isn't going to be happy :lol

Just BEAUTIFUL!!!  "Lucy's colors" look so wonderful together, everything made with those colors is just so cheerful and so pretty!!  This afghan is HUGE!  You did a great job!

A great afghan! I love Lucy's patterns too. Afghan made me smile. Its a dark and stormy day here.