FBS stitch?

MacKeil

Question

3 answers to this question

I agree it's probably fps, but there might be a slight possibility bps was meant.  That's the sort of absent minded typo I'd make, to get the 'b' in there but mess up the rest.  Hopefully the pattern pic is clear enough, you should be able to tell.

Unless there's a new crochet stitch akin to kfb (knit front & back of same stitch, it's an increase).  --Kidding, but that's what the 'fb' made me think of, and then the pattern ends with cast off (?) Hmm. 

Is there a legend near the top of the pattern that defines the stitches used? Although it does appear to be a typo because the first part of that row says fps, then it switches. But with the unusual "Cast off" instruction at the end I don't want to assume that it's a post st. Is this an antique pattern? Maybe the fps is an abbreviation that is no longer in use. Is there a picture of the finished project that you can tell what stitch might have been used?

After looking at the picture again, I believe this might actually be a european pattern. The beginning is a ch 2, but at the end you tr and join to the ch 2... that suggests this is UK terminology... jmo, of course :)

Archived