Sampler

Gigix3

Question

Hi, all!  Haven't been on for a while, but I  am looking for a pattern that can be used for a sampler as a wall hanging. I want something besides single, double, etc. KWIM? I need one that could be adapted to fit the size I need of about 20" wide. Length doesn't matter.   Does anyone have a link for this?  I have tried putting different stitches together but sometimes they just don't work out for the row above, etc. 

I appreciated any help for this. :ty

Sherry

11 answers to this question

Hi, all!  Haven't been on for a while, but I  am looking for a pattern that can be used for a sampler as a wall hanging. I want something besides single, double, etc. KWIM? I need one that could be adapted to fit the size I need of about 20" wide. Length doesn't matter.   Does anyone have a link for this?  I have tried putting different stitches together but sometimes they just don't work out for the row above, etc. 

I appreciated any help for this. :ty

Sherry

do you want to do it in crochet

I have a book that is called angles every where and it has on in it ithe book is one of annies attic

Dorothy

Hi, Sherry.

If you want to make different squares, go to crochetpatterncentral.com  and look at the different squares.  There are lots of different patterns there!  I'm currently working on a sampler afghan, and I've gotten a bunch of ideas from there!  Good Luck!

hey, thanks ladies.   I am looing for a project with rows instead of squares with different stiches in each color (rainbowish) but I am having a hard time finding patterns that call for the same multipules of stitches that are obvious enough to look different.  Oh, well, I will keep researching.   I do like the idea of different grannies, tho.  I am very partial to the African flower and the Bavarian 3-D look. 

Happy hooking!    Sherry

hey, thanks ladies.   I am looing for a project with rows instead of squares with different stiches in each color (rainbowish) but I am having a hard time finding patterns that call for the same multipules of stitches that are obvious enough to look different.  Oh, well, I will keep researching.   I do like the idea of different grannies, tho.  I am very partial to the African flower and the Bavarian 3-D look. 

Happy hooking!    Sherry

lIKE THIS MAYBEhttp://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/fall-comfort-throw

here's a scarf from DMC that has a couple of different st patts  in it http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/crochet-blue-denim-scarf

And one from Nexstitch http://www.nexstitch.com/pat_loveland_neck_scarf.html  In the PDF preview you can see how the st parts are combined in the diagram.  

Why can't you just make your own?  Chain the size you want, do a row or two of singles or doubles. Add a row of bobbles, a row of singles, a row of shells, a row of something else; and so on.

If you want colors, change them up as it suits you.

Here is a giant square that might help you:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/faeries--baby-sampler-afghan

Happy hooking!    Sherry

Sherry, you might also try the "Sampler Afghan" patterns in CPC.  They really have some neat ones.  Also, the Red Heart, Lion Brand, and Bernat web sites are good ones to try for sampler afghans, also!  Many of the squares are made of rows, instead of squares.

OH, thank you ladies!  Those are all beautiful.  Dorothy, I think I will give the Bavarian a go in an afghan later. In fact, I don't think I will be able to stop myself, lol! 

All of these ideas and pictures are helpful and I am visualizing something already.  Kathy, I like your idea of just adding a few extra plain stitches when needed.  Duh.  Why didn't I think of that??????  I am thinking about using a row of black between each section of different stitches for a sort of stained glass look. 

Ok, I think I have enough to go on now.  Thanks again!     Sherry

Ok, Kathy.  I thought I was ready to go "yarnwise"  but now have found out that I need a few more colors.  Some I had were just off a bit for the look I want.   I will try to post a pic when I get things going.

Archived