Learning to crochet

AliciaB78

Hello all,

My name is  Alicia and I have just started to crochet....just learning how to read the pattern...major accomplishment for me.

I live in Phoenix, AZ, I have two crazy crafty daughters, and am finding out how fun granny squares are.

I welcome all thoughts ideas and criticism when needed....patterns of course

What do you think are the hooks to start with?  My mom sent me aluminium G size hook...lol so right now is what I am playing with.....

So far I have made my daughter a headband complete with flower and a chain of hearts.  Both came out pretty cute.  

thanks for looking!

:welcome  from Western PA! :welcome

Agree - G is a good size to go up or down from depending on the type of yarn you like.

There are many different styles of crochet hooks out there right now, but usually if you are new

I'd suggest trying a basic (Susan) Bates and a Boye hook - these are 2 very common brands found at Walmart and craft stores and are really low in price - $2 and change.

That way you will see if you are having a better time of it with either one with comfort and the way it is

handling the yarn with your particular stitching style!

Most of all HAVE FUN in the new world of crochet you have discovered!

Hello all,

My name is  Alicia and I have just started to crochet....just learning how to read the pattern...major accomplishment for me.

I live in Phoenix, AZ, I have two crazy crafty daughters, and am finding out how fun granny squares are.

I welcome all thoughts ideas and criticism when needed....patterns of course

What do you think are the hooks to start with?  My mom sent me aluminium G size hook...lol so right now is what I am playing with.....

So far I have made my daughter a headband complete with flower and a chain of hearts.  Both came out pretty cute.  

thanks for looking!

:welcome Alicia from Pittsburgh

Archived