New Here

Marcia Siara

Hello from Tewksbury MA.  My name is Marcia and I love to crochet for charity.  I do a lot of burial gowns, hat and blanket for the NICU here in Boston.

I have 4 children, and 8 grandchildren.  I am retired on disability so I have a lot of free time to craft.

I just this morning started on some hats for a charity drive I saw on one of the sites I was on.

Looking forward to reading about others on here.

Marcia

Hi, and welcome, I also do a lot of charity crocheting, I like that you are also interested in making burial gowns, when I mentioned to someone recently that I was making my first, they thought I was weird and didn't like the thought.   I think it is a very worthy and thoughtful thing to make.  Having family who have lost infants at death or within hours of birth.  I know how it comforts the family to have something made especially for the child.  Keep up the good work and keep sharing yout thoughts.

Belinda

:welcome  from Western PA! :welcome 

I am originally from CT - and I know just where Tewksbury is - up there near dear Old Sturbridge Village!

Enjoy your time crafting & retirement!

Norfolk is ever changing now,new teminal for ship cruises,trying to revitalize Waterside,a major overhaul of Townpoint Park,

some areas have light rail,they are trying to stick us with tolls again on Mid Town and Down town tunnels

Hello from Tewksbury MA.  My name is Marcia and I love to crochet for charity.  I do a lot of burial gowns, hat and blanket for the NICU here in Boston.

I have 4 children, and 8 grandchildren.  I am retired on disability so I have a lot of free time to craft.

I just this morning started on some hats for a charity drive I saw on one of the sites I was on.

Looking forward to reading about others on here.

Marcia

:welcome Marcia, from Pittsburgh

Hello there!  Welcome from the center part of the state!  I think it's wonderful that you make burial gowns.  I have made a few myself and although I find it a very emotionally difficult thing to do, it is also very satisfying knowing that I am helping a family send their little one on in a pretty little outfit that has many good thoughts and prayers put into it.  Ahh, I'm blabbering, I tend to do that, lol!  It's nice to have another person from MA on the 'ville.  There are a few of us, but we are scattered around the state.  Enjoy the 'ville!

Archived