yarnjeannie

Some Preemie Blankets

14 posts in this topic

I'm out of work for a while on disability, and I've got some crocheting to catch up on.  I am currently working on preemie blankets for badrhinogillett and the NICU project.  Attaching a photo of some blankets I've finished.  The two pink blankets in the photo already have a home.  A friend I used to work with just had premature twin girls - born at a little under 29 weeks.  The girls are doing fine - still hospitalized, of course, but breathing on their own and have grown from 2 pounds 15 ounces each to about 3 and a half pound each.  I'm so happy that they are improving every day.   I sent the two pink blankets along with 2  hats for each of the babies.

I found a wonderful sale last week at AC Moore on Caron One Pound skeins - $5.49 each.  I asked my shopper to stock up on one of each color for me so that I have plenty on hand for baby blankets and hats.  The two finished pink blankets were washed on the gentle cycle and dried with a dryer sheet and also on the delicate cycle and they came out very soft.

post-14127-0-76702700-1361111392_thumb.jpg

post-14127-0-49692000-1361111410_thumb.jpg

Edited by yarnjeannie

Nice! Will say prayers for the twins. So glad they are growing stronger

All the blankets are gorgeous.  Hope the twins are improving each day and will soon be home with their families.

Thanks to all for the comments. My friend's babies are doing well, and the hospital staff have moved them to to a regular crib, out of the isolettes. They are now five weeks old and almost 5 pounds in weight.