Giving Artfully: Charity Crafting Website

sheffmom

Hello,

I recently launched a new website called Giving Artfully.  Giving Artfully (www.givingartfully.com) is a web platform that connects crafters with organizations in need of handcrafted goods. Based on my own desire to contribute my skills/talents to support organizations of interest to me, I wanted to create a more effective or efficient way to connect with such opportunities

This led me to the idea of creating a platform that benefits both the crafters and recipients/organizations:

• Crafters have a “one-stop shop” to find volunteer opportunities to meet their skill sets and interests.
  • All essential information will be on the platform as well as the ability to commit to donating.
  • Community organizations have an alternative and free avenue to procure the goods they need.

I'm a currently spreading the word to the crafting community about Giving Artfully.  We have a Facebook and Pinterest Page, as well as a Ravelry group.  Still in its infancy, I would love your feedback and any suggestions of organizations that may like to post on our site.

You can go to our website, www.givingartfully.com to learn more about our mission and our platform. We currently have 25 clients who have posted over 3000 needs on our website and will continue to be adding more in the coming weeks.  We have had over 200 donations in our short time and completed 3 projects.  Hope you will join the Giving Artfully community!

Thanks!

Sitinee Sheffert
Giving Artfully

You have a very nice idea and a wonderful site.  I have just submitted my info for my charity, Compassionate Creations.  I hope you will list us.  I have had many wonderful 'ville members helping me out over the last several years.  The past year I have been ill, but they have helped me to keep the charity going.

Hello Ann,

I would love to post Compassionate Creations to our site - thank you for filling out our form online.  I will have your posting up in the next few days.  

Thanks and welcome to the Giving Artfully community!

Sitinee

Hi Ann,

Just wanted to let you know the Compassionate Creations is now on the Giving Artfully website.  You can see the detail page at

http://www.givingartfully.com/compassionate-creations.html

Also, we just sent out our February newsletter.  If you are interested in reading it, you can see it at

http://eepurl.com/syjbb

Hi Ann,

Just wanted to let you know the Compassionate Creations is now on the Giving Artfully website.  You can see the detail page at

http://www.givingartfully.com/compassionate-creations.html

Also, we just sent out our February newsletter.  If you are interested in reading it, you can see it at

http://eepurl.com/syjbb

Thank you so much for listing us!

• 10 months later...

We just launched an updated and improved version of Giving Artfully (www.givingartfully.com).  To date, we have had crafters from the US, Canada and Australia making over 2500 items for over 50 projects.  

Some new features on the Giving Artfully site?

• Each crafter will now need to register an account in order to donate. This makes is easier to update numbers and let crafters keep track of items they donate.
  • If you have a project you would like to post on Giving Artfully, you will also need to register and this will allow you to see who has committed to the project.
  • We now have a social forum to share ideas, patterns, discounts
  • The is now automated which means making update to numbers and posting new projects a much simpler and faster task

I'm so excited to share this new version of Giving Artfully. I truly believe it can take charity crafting to the next level!

Please stop www.givingartfully.com and let me know if you have any suggestions or feedback!

~ Sitinee

We just launched an updated and improved version of Giving Artfully (www.givingartfully.com).  To date, we have had crafters from the US, Canada and Australia making over 2500 items for over 50 projects.  

Some new features on the Giving Artfully site?

• Each crafter will now need to register an account in order to donate. This makes is easier to update numbers and let crafters keep track of items they donate.
  • If you have a project you would like to post on Giving Artfully, you will also need to register and this will allow you to see who has committed to the project.
  • We now have a social forum to share ideas, patterns, discounts
  • The is now automated which means making update to numbers and posting new projects a much simpler and faster task

I'm so excited to share this new version of Giving Artfully. I truly believe it can take charity crafting to the next level!

Please stop www.givingartfully.com and let me know if you have any suggestions or feedback!

~ Sitinee

I love the new site and I want to thank all the wonderful people that have helped in 2013 by sending items to Compassionate Creations.  I look forward to continuing our relationship in 2014 as our charity operates year round and is always accepting donations.  Thank you so very much!

Archived