want to do crimson tide afghan for friend

mrs.lefty55

I want to do sn Afghan for a friend in the Colors of the university of alabama but it's hard to know the exact Colorado of red/ crimson. Any Alabama crocheters out there who can help? I use either red heart or hobby lobby I love this yarn. If you could help with a Colorado number I'd love you forever!

So I went online to hobby lobby and their I love this yarn and found a color called cranberry that looks good. Then went onto red heart and found one called ranch red. I had a page pulled up of Alabama gear and by switching back and forth I think these two are contenders. I'll wait see if we get any response to our posts!

Here is a place on Amazon that has the crimson color in yarn.

Crimson yarn http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000QHD8OW/ref=asc_df_B000QHD8OW2392981?smid=A2KO7RF82M5NF5&tag=dealtmp333242-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395129&creativeASIN=B000QHD8OW

If you scroll down, you will see mor options.  Hope this helps.

Not sure if this is the exact red color, but Premier yarn has a Crimson, too. I discovered this company on the internet last year, can't remember how, and they are in NC.

Their Big Ball is 16oz, and only $9.99. It's so soft, I love it. I've used it for several projects, that pound of yarn is handy! I have several colors, but not the crimson, so I can't say for sure how that "feels"... I like it so much more than other pound skeins, they seem so scratchy compared to this.

You can call the website's 800 number, they are really helpful, even telling me what colors go together in their Ever Soft yarn in real life and what didn't match, for an afghan I was doing in shades of brown/green. Can't beat their price either, $1.99.

I don't have anything to do with this company, just a happy customer!

Welcome to Crochetville from South Carolina!  All the SEC reds are so close yet so different.  The Razorbacks have red, South Carolina garnet, and Alabama Crimson.  It can get pretty tricky!  :)  So glad you've joined - and good luck finding just the right color!

:welcome from Pittsburgh

I recently made one for my cousin that started there this past fall as her high school graduation gift.  At the recommendation of someone here, I used Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn in cranberry :yes

If you're on Ravelry there's a picture of it on my page, same name as here

I want to do sn Afghan for a friend in the Colors of the university of alabama but it's hard to know the exact Colorado of red/ crimson. Any Alabama crocheters out there who can help? I use either red heart or hobby lobby I love this yarn. If you could help with a Colorado number I'd love you forever!

Red Heart now makes a yarn called Team Spirit that comes in a blend of two colors. I have a skein of the burgundy and white colorway.

My daughter's a sophomore at UA. She's home for the weekend and sitting in the room with me. I pulled my skein out and asked her if it was close to UA colors. She looked at me like I was a little bit nuts and said, "It is UA colors."

Here it is for reference:

Team Spirit.jpg

Photo used with permission of Red Heart Yarns.

• 3 years later...

Archived