I brought 2 Crochet Books today !

Today was taking Mom to do her errands ; One of my brothers goes with us as Mom cannot push the heavy grocery cart ; and I can't either hardly

anyways

I stopped by Michael's and got the crochet book called

75 Floral Blocks to Crochet by Betty Barnden

beautiful book of blocks with flowers;

and

Mom likes to shop at Kroger's

I saw Crochet World's  special issue calledd

Glorious Granny Squares

It has several afghans and those slippers my  sweet deceased grandmother use to make me; and the women in our family

she had shown me how to make them ; but forgot how to put them together.lol

and there is a pretty granny square purse

lots of wonderful things to make and enjoy

the reason I brought 2  crochet books?

it is my birthday month and my MIL and Mom gave me some money

Mom doesn't want me to buy things  like that; but I don't get much money now

so ; I said heck; she doesn't have to know ;lol

both books are sorta expensive; but I figure I can have them for a long time and enjoy them

Happy Happy Birthday to You!  :birthday                                                                                                 

Your new books will provide many ideas for years to come.    :bday 

Happy birthday to you. I have both of them also, just picked up the Crochet World one at Michaels too yesterday.

You just have to treat yourself. Enjoy them.

LI Roe

That's what I would have done too!!! Enjoy! I too bought the granny book from crochet world, but was alittle disappointed in it. I like just the afghans and was hoping for new patterns.

What is the other book that you bought like?

Pinkroses, Happy Birthday!

I love looking thru crochet pattern books, too! I often go to the library and get 4 or 5. What a treat to sit and relax with that stack of eye candy!! Nice to go back in a few few weeks when that pile is almost memorized, lol, and get another assortment.

Don't forget to poke around and order some thru inter-library loan, if your library does that. You can probably do your inter-library ordering right from home on your computer and just pick them up when they come in... it's like Christmas, somedays, seeing that new stack of books!

I've been buying most of my knitting and crocheting books from Hamilton Books in CT for more than 20 years, always had good service and the prices and shipping are low, too.

Happy Birthday to you!  It is always fun to treat yourself to some books and magazines.  I,too, find it difficult to do, but every once in a while hubby will say go ahead and I relish each and every page even if I don't make the pattern, it's wonderful dreaming of making it, lol.  Hamilton Books is a wonderful place to purchase books from!  They have great prices and you can't beat the shipping price!

thank you for the birthday wishes and the wonderful comments ; I wish my hubby would say go ahead and get them;

that will be the day  lol

i just can't seem to quit buying them

I had for almost a year and the bug bite me again. ha

Archived