ibedi

Cape Sleeved Cardi

5 posts in this topic

I started to make this cardigan a while ago and gave up. It has been mouldering in my yarn tote as a sad UFO for months. I finally remembered I could ask for help here! Duh! 

You can see the problem immediately when you look at the picture. One side came out straight, the other at an angle. I have no idea why it happened, so I don't know how to fix it.

Any ideas?

(I've never tried to attach a picture to a post before. I hope it works!)

go to more reply options and below the typing box is attach files. Click on "choose" and locate your file on your computer 

Thank you. I did that, but it didn't work. Let me try it again...

It worked! I have no idea what I did wrong before. So, you can see how one side came out straight and the other side at an angle. Very strange.

post-11575-0-89536400-1360839431_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ibedi

It appears you are accidentally adding an increase on that end somehow.  Are you getting the right stitch counts?

Yes, the stitch count was correct. I had this feeling like the increases were causing the row I was crocheting to "lean" or get pushed over somehow.

This pattern uses a stitch I'd never done before, called a linked double treble. You actually work into the previous double treble, so you are kind of crocheting sideways, if that makes sense.