February Charity Blitz: 2/14 - 1/19

busy-bee-lmt

finished one hat first thing this morning and working on a square for an afghan (4/12 already done)..... dh is firing up the BBQ in a few hours for some fat juicy steaks! The weather will be a perfect 76 here today.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

finished one hat first thing this morning and working on a square for an afghan (4/12 already done)..... dh is firing up the BBQ in a few hours for some fat juicy steaks! The weather will be a perfect 76 here today.

Congrats on your hat and square project. :clap That weather sounds just heavenly. I still have 2 feet of snow in the yard and bad ice on the road. On a crafty note, I also have my first pair of booties done. Things have been slow going for me lately.

Good morning!  I spent most of yesterday with my friends, Rosie and John.  John is just home from the hospital having spent about 4 weeks in the ICU.  Long story.  At least he's better and able to be home.  I fixed an error in an a quilt that I'm making for him and worked on a preemie afghan and a helmet liner when I got home. 

I got to row 70 of a thread doll dress I'm working on.  Just started the ruffle.  Probably won't be finished, by the deadline, but I've made good progress. :lolWould have  been further but missed the change in directions and had to pull  a row out and redo.  200+ thread stitches still takes me some time.

Congratulations on your progress on the dress!  :clap  :clap  :clap  You're doing great.  It does take longer to work with thread, but you can do things you can't do with yarn.  For me it's a trade-off.

I am sooo jealous.  It was bitterly cold here yesterday and still is this morning.  Congratulations on the hat and square!  :clap  :clap  :clap 

I got most of this outfit done today.  I just need shoes and a hat thingy.

I am so enjoying this focus. :cheer

attachicon.giffr001.jpgattachicon.giffr002.jpg

I think I had better give the old hands a rest before going on. :wlol

Love the outfit!!!  :clap   :clap   :clap 

Beautiful hats and booties, Cindy!  :clap   :clap   :clap 

I finished up a 12" square which will be put with 8 more to make a baby blanket.  Have the second one started.

I had a great shopping day.  AC Moore had a 55% off coupon for President's day and they didn't put their Springfield 18" dolls on sale.  Often when they have the 50 or above coupons they put the dolls on sale so the coupons aren't any good.  (The sale value is never as good as the coupon.) So, I got one of my dolls for my donation project for under $10.   I've been able to wait them out for the 50% coupons, but I've never got one for 55%.  I'm always happy when my donation $$ go a bit longer distance. :cheer  :cheer  :cheer

I had a great shopping day.  AC Moore had a 55% off coupon for President's day and they didn't put their Springfield 18" dolls on sale.  Often when they have the 50 or above coupons they put the dolls on sale so the coupons aren't any good.  (The sale value is never as good as the coupon.) So, I got one of my dolls for my donation project for under $10.   I've been able to wait them out for the 50% coupons, but I've never got one for 55%.  I'm always happy when my donation $$ go a bit longer distance. :cheer  :cheer  :cheer

The last time I went to Michaels I had a 50% off coup0on so I got my red0headed girl for half price... but then I found the hispanic doll and had to pay full price.  Well worth it though.

Ain't shopping for our girls grand? :wlol

Welcome to the last official day of our February charity CAL.  It's been fun visiting with all of you.  And it looks like a lot has been accomplished.  Please print you individual totals in the next day or two and I'll put up the combined total over the weekend.  Make them a nice contrasting color, if you please.  It will make them easier for me to spot.  Good luck and have fun today.  :cheer   :cheer   :cheer 

I finished all the way down to the hem of the doll thread dress.  I still have the arms, the finish on the back and the buttons to go.  I feel good about the progress I made.

WTG :cheer :cheer :cheer

That is an accomplishment in thread. :ghug

My last outfit is a larger project so I will be busy until midnight :wlol

I could use an opinion please...

post-4896-0-25653100-1361305937_thumb.jpg

I am really torn about what to do with the current hemline.  I really like that sharp green line but I'm thinking I should maybe do something more in yellow.

:?  :?  :?

sigh, 1 hat is all I got done

Hey!  That's someone who wouldn't have a hat to wear otherwise.  :clap 

I finished all the way down to the hem of the doll thread dress.  I still have the arms, the finish on the back and the buttons to go.  I feel good about the progress I made.

Way to go!  :cheer   :cheer  

attachicon.giflemy020.jpg

I am really torn about what to do with the current hemline.  I really like that sharp green line but I'm thinking I should maybe do something more in yellow.

I like it ending with the green.  It shows off the yellow pantaloons better than the yellow would.

I've now got 3 blocks for the baby blanket done so far.  I plan on working on more stuff tonight while I watch TV, so won't post a total yet.

attachicon.giflemy020.jpg

I think the dress edging looks great as is with the green. It's an adorable outfit and I love those nickers and booties.

Archived