February Charity Blitz: 2/14 - 1/19

busy-bee-lmt

Hello, everyone.  This kind of snuck up on me this month since it's earlier than usual.  This CAL is open to anyone who crafts, not just crochet.  For six days we get together and make things for charity: people and animals.  Some crochet, some knit, some quilt, and others do other things.  As long as it's for charity it counts. 

We love pictures.  We get together and chat and share what we are doing. 

Many times it doesn't seem like what we do makes a lot of difference when there are so very many in need.  By working on things together and posting a list of our totals at the end of the week, it's easier to see that what we do really does matter.  If you decide to start a little early or run a little over that's okay, too.  Just post your total accomplishments at the end of the week in Big, Bold letters and I'll post a combined total a few days later.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am working on a thread doll dress so I'm not sure if it will be done or not.  I love that I can do something new, it is just challenging that it takes so much longer to finish.  I have another outfit that I need to finish so this may be a good time to get that done, too.

Just a word of encouragement here... we just did an outreach for some women in bad situations in Detroit. We made 450 scarves, ear warmers, headbands and/or cowls. The response from these women was really overwhelming to the women who actually gave them out. They were thrilled that someone cared enough to take the time and effort to make something especially for them. So we DO make a difference! And we have fun doing it!  :clap

Just a word of encouragement here... we just did an outreach for some women in bad situations in Detroit. We made 450 scarves, ear warmers, headbands and/or cowls. The response from these women was really overwhelming to the women who actually gave them out. They were thrilled that someone cared enough to take the time and effort to make something especially for them. So we DO make a difference! And we have fun doing it!  :clap

Thanks so much, Traci.

I think I'll make a lapghan or a foot pocket throw to give to the group I did the warm stuff for. They have a second step in the process where they cater to more specific needs so maybe some warm blankie-type-stuff would be good. 

Welcome, to you all.  Thursday is the first dayalthough I may get a jump start on it tomorrow.  I'm going to try to finish the quilt that I quilted last month.  Then there are always preemie afghans and prayer shawls.

Alrighty! I'm getting started! My goal is just to finish at least one lapghan/throw in this 6 day period. Doesn't seem like a lot, but I get distracted easily...lol. AND GO!  :hook

I just saw this post this morning so I'm jumping on board. I hope to make more baby booties and maybe a hat or two if I have the time. Thanks for hosting Linda and as you say it all makes a difference no matter how much or little we get done.

And it's off to the races!!!  :sun   We've got sun here in north Georgia for the first time in quite a while.  I got a jump start by crocheting saltines (2 round granny squares) for a quiltghan that a friend is making for a fund raiser auction .  However, I don't have the tails hidden yet so will be doing that later today. 

And a :valday to all of you!  Hope it's a great day.

I'm in. I'll be working on cat items again for the rescue. Found out that someone accidentally mistook four bags of dirty laundry for trash and the mistake was not recognized until the big truck had taken it all away, so my shelter is low on bedding big time!

I have been able to crochet lately so I think I will try to make some squares this month.  I might switch to a shawl but we'll see :wlol

Thank you for hosting Linda

So wonderful to see you back and to hear you are feeling well enough to crochet.  :waving  It's always rough when we are under the weather and can't craft. :2eek

I've made more saltines today and at my Prayer Shawl group meeting this evening we got a request for helmet liners for troops in Afghanistan.  So have started on the first one for that project since getting home.

cute doll and outfit Darski

I was able to make some progress today on hat #1 all I have left is the single crochet round

but eyes are drooping,so might as well set it aside till tomorrow,before I start making mistakes on it

I'm in. I'll be working on cat items again for the rescue. Found out that someone accidentally mistook four bags of dirty laundry for trash and the mistake was not recognized until the big truck had taken it all away, so my shelter is low on bedding big time!

Oh, that's too bad.  I'm sure they'll appreciate all you do.

I'm getting some stuff done.  This outfit is awaiting some suggestions as to whether to use sleeves or not.

I think I will just do the other sleeve... :wlol

attachicon.gifred023.jpg

attachicon.gifred022.jpg

Hi, Darski.  Glad to have you with us again.  I've spent the afternoon working on the top of an afghan for a friend who's been in the hospital for over 5 weeks, most of that time in ICU.  He's finally home.  I told him he had to get better to make use of the afghan I was going to make him.  :lol   I took the first 4 blocks over to show him yesterday and he liked it.  I now have the first two rows of nine done.  Each block is 10" square and there are 8 squares per row.  I'm now going to switch to crochet.

I got to row 70 of a thread doll dress I'm working on.  Just started the ruffle.  Probably won't be finished, by the deadline, but I've made good progress. :lolWould have  been further but missed the change in directions and had to pull  a row out and redo.  200+ thread stitches still takes me some time.

I got to row 70 of a thread doll dress I'm working on.  Just started the ruffle.  Probably won't be finished, by the deadline, but I've made good progress. :lolWould have  been further but missed the change in directions and had to pull  a row out and redo.  200+ thread stitches still takes me some time.

Better you than me :wlol  I cannot do thread work any more. :sigh

Better you than me :wlol  I cannot do thread work any more. :sigh

Until I found the Bates Bamboo hooks the only thing I could make with thread was knots.  I am having fun with it, but it takes a long time.  I think the majority of my doll donations will still be done in yarn as they work up much quicker.  However, I did get some new thread patterns for Valentine's so I'd like to work on them on the side as I'm doing other projects.

Archived