Local Prayer Shawl Group ~ I can't wait!

I am really happy that the new church we began attending that is MUCH bigger than back in CT - has lots of small groups for folks to get involved with - but the one that caught my eye in getting to know fellow crocheters is the "Prayer Shawl" ministry.

I attended some seminars in CT at a retreat center that had the founders/authors of 2 of the largest groups going - and it was phemonal but our local parish didn't have the interest to have one and the Town Hall did have one but it met at a really difficult time to go. When I did go it was only an hour and people just got started on their projects in time to pack up.

Then I was in a local Sit 'n Knit that was great and was on 2 days a week - so when you couldn't make one - you could hit the following one. What a great group it was - not prayer shawls - but a great mix of knitters and crocheters and was the entire afternoon - come and go as you please!

The one LYS near me doesn't offer that type of thing.

So you can imagine when I spotted this group that meets Tuesday mornings at 10 am - I was so happy! Tomorrow is my first time going. Hoping to link up with others as we continue to get our bearings here in Western PA :rock 

:clap what fun;   I wish there was something like that; but I don't know that I would attend  ; I have RA and it is getting harder and harder to get out

I am happy that you are enjoing  it. :yay

Congratulations on finding such a wonderful and worthwhile group at your church!  I started one in my parish 6 years ago and we still have the same core group of ladies.  We meet the 2nd Saturday of every month and I can't tell you how rewarding it is!  Best of luck to you!

I still remember how thrilled I was when our church started the Prayer Shawl Ministry in 2009! We have a great group of ladies, and we meet every Wed. afternoon. We share our joys and sorrows, and have made many new friends. I love seeing what the others are working on, and getting new ideas. I'm excited for you!

I joined a Prayer Shawl Ministry last year, and just love going to it!  We meet on the first and third Friday mornings from 10:00 to 11:30, and the last Monday evening of the month from 5:30 to 7:00.  We've crocheted and knitted over 100 prayer shawls since we began!  We enjoy the time we spend together, and love seeing what everyone is creating!  It's a very rewarding activity!  I also teach a crochet class at our local Senior Center, and my "girls" make lots of prayer shawls for them, also.  Several of my "girls" can't get to the prayer shawl meetings, so I take the shawls for them.

Have a great time!

Archived