Q hook

phyl130

Question

Hi,

I live in the UK and am planning to crochet an American pattern which uses a size Q hook but on trying to find one I discover the sizing is not consistent (16mm 15.75mm 15mm) Lyon brand advertises theirs as  15.75mm but the packaging actually says 15mm does anyone know the correct size. Here in the UK we only go up to 15mm so an accurate sizing  would be really helpful in saving the pennies (cents) as a Q hook costs £10 almost $16. Your help would much appreciated.
         Many thanks Phyl.

3 answers to this question

measurements according to the Hook Sizes sheet I have, the Q hook is 16 mm.  Now, I don't know if that really corresponds to your measurements in the UK or not, because my chart states that it is the "corresponding U. S. Sizes usually both listed on hooks".  I would assume that it is the right mm.  I HOPE!  Good luck!  Oh,let me know if you'd like a copy of that comparison chart, and I'll email it to you!

Thank you Avon lady for your reply, the chart I looked at said the same but Lyon brand (a US company) gives two different sizes for Q and if the actual measurement is 15mm that would be really helpful.

Many thanks phyl.

Archived