Texchanchan

Colorful anti-bullying scarves by First Congregational ladies

10 posts in this topic

These scarves were made by the prayer shawl group at First Congregational Church UCC in Fort Worth, Texas. Among the participants are Lou, Linda, Donna, Lucy, Franji, and Faye, and maybe somebody I have forgotten. Sorry.

The scarves will be used at this year's UCC synod as part of an anti-bullying campaign, sort of a public relations thing. Crocheters and knitters all over the country are making colorful scarves like this. You can see a whole mess of them at https://www.facebook.com/groups/277153159028436/photos/ If you visit this site, don't be shocked - we are very inclusive.

I crocheted the irregular "holey" (!) ones, that is, not the smooth, even knitted ones. 

--TCC

post-38870-0-25123800-1360348105_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

I like the irregular holey one best,when making scarves I lean toward colors similiar to those

Thanks, everybody! Since I posted that, we've done a bunch more, and, sadly, lost a member to a short but deadly illness. She knew more than the rest of us put together about knitting (wrote books about it!) and was a such a cheerful and friendly person. We will miss Lucy.

More pictures to come. In the meantime, if interested, you can see lots by other people by searching on synod scarves ucc with Google image search.

Best,

TCC