Afghan In Progress

Elle

If you need another tester I would be ever so honored! Your blanket is outstanding! Absolutely beautiful! You did a great job!

Oh Ellie! It is really pretty! I too like the post stitches.

TeeKayCee and Teapot, thank you both for the kind words!  :manyheart

Wow! What a beautiful creation!

I agree that fringe would probably not be the best way to finish it. I think it would look too busy and take away from the look of the post sts.

This is just gorgeous! Definitely a winner of a pattern ... Good luck with the write-up, and I will be interested to hear when you have the pattern available to purchase,too. If you are short on testers, let me know, I'd be happy to help in that capacity as well.

Thank you, EVERYBODY, for all the kind words and words of encouragement!  I have decided that I love the suggestion of a reverse single crochet around the edge to finish it off, so with that in mind, I hope to write up the pattern by the weekend and contact a couple of the people who have so graciously volunteered to try it out for me.  And we'll take it from there!  Meanwhile, I keep plugging away at mine.  I love it more and more with each color that I add!  I can't wait until it's finished because I already have plans for another one rattling around in my head.  This one won't be round, but hopefully the visual effect will be just as dramatic.  We shall see, I suppose!   (insert smiley here because now my smilies are not working.)

I have to apologize for the delay in writing up the pattern and getting it to the testers.  I had planned to have that done by this past weekend and then real life took over and I was not able to do it.  On Sunday evening at 7:30 I said goodbye to my 18 year old cat, Eugene, as he left us for the Rainbow Bridge.  After that, I just didn't have the gumption to write out the pattern, in fact, I haven't picked up a hook since Thursday night.  I am starting to get my mojo back to working condition, so I will get it done this week. 

• 1 month later...

I love this afghan and the colors you chose for it! Did you ever get your pattern written up? I remember seeing the post about Eugene - so sad. I know it can take a while to get back into the creative groove after a thing like that. Sometimes it knocks you right out and then even after things get better it's hard to get back on that particular horse. Hope you can get this one up for sale; it's a beauty!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.  So sorry I have been missing in action for so long!  My hubby is undergoing chemo and he has been in treatment for the last couple of months and feeling like warmed over <bleep> much of the time, so I haven't been paying too much attention to my crochet for a while.  The good news is that things are looking WAY up at this point and today, for the first time in probably two months, I started paying attention to my yarn again.  I am off from work tomorrow so I PROMISE that I will make a concerted effort to sit and concentrate and write out this pattern for you all.  Again, so sorry for being gone without any warning.     :worried

Archived