Hello from Ohio!

zbracraz

Hello!  :wavingI am new to Crochetville and I thought I'd introduce myself! I am from Ohio, and my nickname is zbracraz (pronounced Zebra Crazy) because I absolutely LOVE Zebras!!! :manyheart If you want my real name, sorry, you'll have to get to know me first! Message me! I am 29 years young, married to my best friend and love of my life :heart , and I just learned how to crochet from my wonderful mommy.  :yes She taught me when I was little how to do a chain, but I never could actually pick up more than that due to my ADD :hyper  :think  LoL!!!  I thought at the time, that it was a boring old lady hobby, and I just wasn't interested.  Well, I started thinking, if ever one day, my mom (God forbid) isn't here anymore, who would keep her love for the craft going? None of my 3 older sisters ever learned either. My mom learned from her mom, and her mom learned from her mom, so I thought of how saddening it would be if no one kept the beautiful art that it is and her love of crochet going. So I decided I wanted to learn no matter how much I thought I didn't like it.  I did not realize how much that I would actually LOVE IT :nworthy !!!   I really appreciate the art it is! I haven't been doing it long, not even a year yet, but I am determined to learn more and more. I know how to read patterns, which most people who haven't been crocheting long, don't know how to do. I also know the basic stitches too (Single Crochet, Double Crochet, Half Double, Triple, etc.) I love to make hats, because it's the one of the only things I've made so far. I have made 3 hats, 2 scarves, a trivet, and I'm trying to learn more. I still have major ADD and I can't work on something for too long, but I always pick it back up and try to finish it, it just takes me longer because I set it down so much. I want to learn how to make dolls, and gloves (which I've tried to make more than once but still get frustrated because of the fingers), and afghans. I use aluminum hooks right now, but I have my eye on some really nice dark colored bamboo hooks and when I can afford them, I will treat myself to one and try it out! I love that I can carry on my mommy's love for this hobby and I love that she has been doing it so long, that when I'm stuck :confused , I can just go to her and have her show me how to get through my problem. I will remember it forever, and I really hope my kids will be as interested in it as we are.     

P.S. 

Sorry for the grammar and spelling. I'm not in an English class right now though, and I'm not writing to the president, so I don't really care! LoL  :wub:  :ducky <---- SO CUTE!!! 

Hi! and :welcome from South Carolina.  Thank you for such a personal intro - I loved reading it.  I also hope my daughter will one day decide that crocheting is worth the effort it takes to learn.  I've tried teaching her but she gets frustrated with it so easily.  She's 14 now so I'm just praying and biding my time until the day when maybe crochet will be something we can enjoy together.  If not her, maybe one of her kids some day.  (A day FAR FAR FAR away!  LOL)

Hi! and :welcome from South Carolina.  Thank you for such a personal intro - I loved reading it.  I also hope my daughter will one day decide that crocheting is worth the effort it takes to learn.  I've tried teaching her but she gets frustrated with it so easily.  She's 14 now so I'm just praying and biding my time until the day when maybe crochet will be something we can enjoy together.  If not her, maybe one of her kids some day.  (A day FAR FAR FAR away!  LOL)

I'm sure when the time is right, she will come around, especially if she sees how important it is to you, and how much closer it will make her relationship with you become. Like I said, I am 29 years old and it was only this year, that I learned more than a chain. I would get so frustrated with it too because I could not understand what my mom meant when she tried to teach me more than that. This time, I took the time to watch and listen more intently. So I'm sure one day, she'll realize it is a very neat hobby to have, and how cool it is when you are wearing something you made and the compliments you get for how beautiful it is!! Thank you for enjoying my intro. I like that I have some people on here that I can talk to with same interests!! Don't hesitate to chit chat if you ever want to!!  :ducky <----- I absolutely love this ducky!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived