Hello from Alabama

NannieB

I have been checking in here off and on for about 6 months or so, I just wanted to see if there is anyone active here that is from the lower part of Alabama or surrounding area that I may keep in touch with to hopefully learn from.  Even though I consider myself a novice, I can read most patterns and have been asked by a few of my fellow church members to help them get started, I feel I am inadaquate for the job.  But will do my best and will be asking questions and for help on things that I don't know.   I love to crochet, it has become almost an obsession to me, if I am awake and not at work, driving or eating, I can be found with a needle in my hand.  I have made it my quest to make a throw of some type for each of my seven grandchildren, trying to match their favorite colors and personalities to a pattern for them.  Wish me luck!

Hope to hear from others, am open to suggestions, ideas, and help of any kind.

"B"

:welcome B, from Pittsburgh

There's a forum for finding local people somewhere on here :think  One lady that chats in the 'our house' cal group with me is from Alabama, although I'm not sure where she's at exactly.  You can feel free to jump over there and ask.

Hi and :welcome from South Carolina!  I think there are a few people here that are from Alabama, although I'm not sure which part.  The great thing about this site is that you can connect with and ask for advice from people all over the world - and they're so helpful!  Good luck with the afghans.  It sounds like a great undertaking, but also one that your grandchildren will always cherish, I'm sure.  So glad you've joined!

Archived