four baby blankets

greyhoundgrandma

Here are four blankets I've made this year:

1. Lion Brand All-Star Hooded Blankie made in RH Soft Baby "Laddie" without the hood. Not a very good picture; I really liked the colors in this discontinued yarn.

2. Easy Baby Blanket in Bernat denim marle--I modified the filet design in this pattern.

3. Mary Maxim Baby Delight Blanket--a kit

4. Mary Maxim Peaceful Pastels Baby Afghan--a 2 strand round ripple kit in Bernat Baby Coordinates

The first one went to a friend in January. I'm waiting to see if our first grandchild (due in July) is going to be a boy or girl to see where the others go.

post-43634-0-49656000-1360182556_thumb.jpg

post-43634-0-05560400-1360182674_thumb.jpg

post-43634-0-16010000-1360182824_thumb.jpg

post-43634-0-39776100-1360182968_thumb.jpg

Thanks to all!

jillkap--I agree. I had seen the Baby Delight blanket before and didn't buy it because it was a kit. But last year it was on sale and I finally couldn't resist. Their kits I've gotten on sale have ended up being the price of the yarn.

jessicali--for looks, that's my favorite, too. It's really nice looking when finished. I want to try it in "boy" colors next. After getting it I read about a lot of errors in the pattern, but I evidently got a corrected one. There was one small section where the instructions weren't real clear, but I think I figured it out right and the rest went smoothly. I really like the feel of the Sugar Baby Stripes yarn--very soft.

midds--the ripple worked up really quickly since it was 2 strands. It's more pastel that the picture shows. The grandbaby is due in July, so this one will have to wait until winter to be used since it's quite thick.

They're all wonderful!!! I especially love the RR!  I've been on a baby blanket kick lately myself.  No little ones due in the forseeable future, but it's nice to have some on hand and if not I'll have them ready for the great grands! :lol

Archived