Hats & More for Boston area 2013 Coat Distribution

Beth Pitard

I am the coordinator for Beth's Hats for Hope and I just accepted a project that I would love some help with. A Boston are shelter is in need of the following for their December 2013 Winter Coat Distribution:

I have accepted a request for a Boston area organization that distributes coats in December 2013 and they have requested the following:

2 dozen infants hats

200 - childrens hats for ages 2 - 10

200 elderly mostly womens

200 mittens children 

150 slipper socks childrens/elderly women

150 women scarves 

If you crochet any blankets they are definitely needed as well

If you can help, please email me at BethsHatsForHope@Gmail.com or through this post (I'll check in as often as I'm able to).  

Thank you!

Beth

I'm in New Hampshire and will gladly make hats for you. I like helping as local as possible. 

Thank you!  When you are ready, please send to:

Beth's Hats for Hope

430 Franklin Village Drive #277

Franklin, MA 02038

My email, if you need to contact me, is BethsHatsForHope@Gmail.com

Beth :)

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I'd post a little update.  Last week we received 3 packages and I posted pictures on my blog 

http://bethshatsforhopemassachusetts.blogspot.com/2013/02/weekly-update-february-16th-2013.html

This week we received 4 more packages and I will be taking pictures and blogging about them tomorrow.

I am still looking for more people to help so if you are looking for a great project to be part of, please consider joining me. This is an ongoing project for the homeless and working poor of Massachusetts.

Beth

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you to everyone who is helping me with this project! I can't tell where my supporters are coming from (why are you hiding?) so I am posting everywhere to say "thank you, keep 'em coming!"

I have updated the blog with the items received this week and I hope you will check it and enjoy the pictures - and perhaps message me to say "hey - that's me!" :)

http://bethshatsforhopemassachusetts.blogspot.com/

Sorry, I cannot accept squares unless someone volunteers to assemble them into blankets. I'm in the Worcester area. Anyone want to do this?

Beth

Beth,

I live in the Worcester area too. What a coincidence! Over the summer i can try to make some scarves but can also assemble the squares into blankets. Currently im in school in the southcoast of MA but will be in Worcester all summer. Let me know :)

Beth,

I live in the Worcester area too. What a coincidence! Over the summer i can try to make some scarves but can also assemble the squares into blankets. Currently im in school in the southcoast of MA but will be in Worcester all summer. Let me know :)

In that case, I guess we can accept squares! Would you like to provide some guidelines for what you would like to work with? I think the finished blankets should be a good size for a twin bed at least.  I'll have the squares sent to me then we can meet somewhere and get you started :) I really want my primary focus to be on the hats but Coats for Kids did request blankets as well and I know, with your help, we can help them out.

What ideas do you have?

Beth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I'm sorry I didn't respond until. I've been very busy at school but finally off now! I have work most days of the week but have evenings off. Any size squares are okay for me, but if they ends were woven already that would be best (I hate weaving haha). Let me know if you are still interested!

I really haven't had anyone ask about making squares since this post. If you want to do a post asking for squares that you will assemble i'll be happy to have them sent to my home (note - my mailing address is no longer public) and meet you with the squares. If I remember correctly, you live in the Worcester area?

Beth

Yup I live in Auburn. I think I will help you finish some of your current assignments. I already have a pair of adult slippers done :)

• 3 weeks later...

As of May 19th, the following is needed:

Our current assignments:
Coats for Kids Drive 2013

24 Infant Hats (Need 0 more for current Coats for Kids Drive). 
200 Children's Hats for ages 2-10 (Need 115 more for Coats for Kids Drive). 
200 Adult Hats -Mostly Women's (Need 35 more for Coats for Kids Drive). 
200 Children's Mittens (Need 187 more for Coats for Kids Drive).
75 Children's Slipper Socks (Need 72 more for Coats for Kids Drive).
75 Adult's Slipper Socks (Need 74 more for Coats for Kids Drive).
150 Women's Scarves (Need 103 more for Coats for Kids Drive). 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived